Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cool Having such a fun CX season!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Last year was the first season I've ever done CX. It was still really scary and I was still REALLY slow. I didn't do any rolling mounts/dismounts.

This year I am still slow, but I've figured out how to do a rolling dismount (I still have to go really slow, since I run really slow and found out the hard way that if I try to dismount while going faster than my legs move that a crash is gonna happen!). That has kept me from leap-frogging with people who pedal slower, but have effective mounts/dismounts. Now if I pass someone they stay passed.

First race I did last weekend lost me some spots when my rear wheel somehow worked its way out of the dropouts. As a result I lost to my friend, Melissa and landed 5/8 C women. This past Sunday I ended up on the outside of a corner and forced into one of the plastic stake things early in the race. My saddle got a bit twisted, so I had to dismount and fix that. My friend Melissa got ahead of me, again, but I managed to pass her fairly early in our 2nd of 3 laps. Last night I found a video that shows me passing the woman with the camera at 13:08 (watch for me coming around on the left of the screen) and then passing Melissa at 13:30. I finished 4/7 C women.

Bonus: I haven't crashed yet this season--woot!
    Last edited by zoom-zoom; 10-03-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

This is very cool! Congrats! Looks like a lot of fun!

It really is so fun...I mean hours later, once my lungs quit hating me! Nothing quite like 'cross cough!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

cross cough is the worst. i'm (sort of) hoping for some rain here soon to cut down on the dust at the races! (but not really because omg it is GORGEOUS out these days!)

and yes, cross is ridiculously fun. this is my 3rd season and i'm still slow and cautious, but i figure i'd rather finish and finish in one piece than take chances and end my season early due to injury!

good luck with yours! have you discovered crossresults.com, where you can geek out on who your closest competitors are?

Oh, that is neat!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    We have a couple of cross races in my town this weekend. I will watch, as I don't currently have a cross bike and my running is rather non-existent. It looks like alot of fun so maybe I'll get inspired for next year. I've seen some really muddy cross races in France years ago, but very few around here.

Our later season ones can be sorta muddy. Early season ones tend to be dry. This year has been especially dry.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3