Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Cool Having such a fun CX season!

Last year was the first season I've ever done CX. It was still really scary and I was still REALLY slow. I didn't do any rolling mounts/dismounts.

This year I am still slow, but I've figured out how to do a rolling dismount (I still have to go really slow, since I run really slow and found out the hard way that if I try to dismount while going faster than my legs move that a crash is gonna happen!). That has kept me from leap-frogging with people who pedal slower, but have effective mounts/dismounts. Now if I pass someone they stay passed.

First race I did last weekend lost me some spots when my rear wheel somehow worked its way out of the dropouts. As a result I lost to my friend, Melissa and landed 5/8 C women. This past Sunday I ended up on the outside of a corner and forced into one of the plastic stake things early in the race. My saddle got a bit twisted, so I had to dismount and fix that. My friend Melissa got ahead of me, again, but I managed to pass her fairly early in our 2nd of 3 laps. Last night I found a video that shows me passing the woman with the camera at 13:08 (watch for me coming around on the left of the screen) and then passing Melissa at 13:30. I finished 4/7 C women.

Bonus: I haven't crashed yet this season--woot!
    Last edited by zoom-zoom; 10-03-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2