Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liver?

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

Or use abit of sherry or white wine, ie. tablespoon to marinate with sliced, finely minced ginger root, garlic and onion.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

I like chicken pate. Meat chicken grows so fast about 7-8weeks of gorging on food. so its not long enough to accumulate "toxin". Geese liver, foie gras, is a big no no these days especially in California so don't go there.

Calf liver, try German style with some dry riesling.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    I like chicken pate. Meat chicken grows so fast about 7-8weeks of gorging on food. so its not long enough to accumulate "toxin". Geese liver, foie gras, is a big no no these days especially in California so don't go there.

Calf liver, try German style with some dry riesling.
    I will try both the German and American style with my beef liver. As it stands it is still in my freezer. I've been cooking so much this weekend for the coming week (bone broth, braising lower quality grass-fed beef cuts, etc), and the 3 days worth of camping next weekend, that I've not bothered with it. I do appreciate all of the comments.

The dry Riesling approach sounds intriguing, I will find a German recipe for this, thanks for the suggestion!