Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

University of Michigan Flint Campus to offer Road Riding Course

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.umflint.edu/news/cas/eart...skills-course/ How neat is that? I haven't seen one anyplace else and forgive me if this has been addressed on the forums but it's news to me. What a great idea, I'm surprised it hasen't started on the campus at the main university as Ann Arbor is a rather difficult town to ride a bike on the roads.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Hooray for Michigan!!!
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

The other LCI in town is a professor at the undergrad college (I'm at the med school, and I'm a research professor without teaching obligations-- or opportunities). He taught Traffic Skills 101 as a class for credit and everything. It went well but he only taught it once, that was 2010. He would like to teach it again but they upped his teaching load; he is actually a Latin professor.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

That's great to hear!

It never occurred to me to have a bike when i was in college (20 years ago!). We had a huge, spread out campus, limited shuttle service and no parking, so a bike would have made my life so much easier. Hardly anyone had them now that I think about it. Hopefully that is changing!

Penny, there are a lot of bikes on campus. In fact when I got back into bicycling a couple of summers ago I bought a craigslist bike first from a young gal Dr. who bought the bike because she had a semester here of her rotation and ended up getting it half price. She was from out of town, bought it new in April and sold it to me at the end of July. She got her use from it for her purposes and I got a good deal.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Though totally unrelated, that's my home town! I took a couple classes there in the summer back in...er...1979? 1980? Egad. Anyway, way cool!
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

I'm glad to hear this!! From 1997-2000 I was coaching at Earlham College in Indiana and I taught a road and mountain bike class. The college didn't have an Education major, so it was always an activity class. There were lots of activity classes to choose from, but the students seemed to like the 'bike' because my classes were the only ones that would ever fill.We went through maintenance, training with heart rate monitors,played field hockey on our mountain bikes etc... I'm not sure who enjoyed the class more, the students or myself. HA!