Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2006 Trek 1500wsd or 2006 Specialized Dolce Elite

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone have any experience with either bike. I am looking to purchase my first bike and have narrowed it down to these two. The Trek is $1049 and the Dolce is $1149. Help!

Easy...

Ride 'em both and then figure out which is THE ONE!!!

karen
    a Trek fan
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org

don't listen to her - buy the Trek! We Trek riders are trying to take over the world and would love to have 1 more enter our cult ----- oops, I meant club!!

Have you ridden both? Did one ride better or fit better or just "feel" more right than the other? what about the gearing?....was one smoother than the other? If they were both "perfect" buy both! or....go with the cheaper one and use the extra cash to get extra things - like a new jersey!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

but I too am a trekkie...

karen
    proud owner of a Trek 5200 wsd
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org

ok, there always has to be a different one in the group. I ride a Specialized Dolce, 2005 and can honestly say I love it. However, it is the Comp. My husband and son also ride Specialized bikes.

But to be honest I will repeat that it would be best to ride both and see what feels best to you.

~ JoAnn

all three of my bikes are specialized (2004 dolce elite, 2005 rockhopper, 2006 ruby pro!) hubby also has 3 specializeds (??? allez (2002 or three maybe????) and a 2006 tricross and 2004... uhm.. stumpjumper? it's a MTB) his other bike is an isaac.... i think it's safe to say we are a specialized family! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    don't listen to her - buy the Trek! We Trek riders are trying to take over the world and would love to have 1 more enter our cult ----- oops, I meant club!!

Have you ridden both? Did one ride better or fit better or just "feel" more right than the other? what about the gearing?....was one smoother than the other? If they were both "perfect" buy both! or....go with the cheaper one and use the extra cash to get extra things - like a new jersey!
    LOL --- going off to add massbikebabe to our list.
    Trek world domination getting closer.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Off topic here but ------ HAPPY BIRTHDAY Massbikebabe.
    Have a great day.
    Leslie
    Amelia Earhart

got a bike!

Thank you all for your advice.
    I am so excite to finally have made a decision..after spending almost 2 hours in the bike shop trying both bikes, I ended up buying.....(drum roll please)....The 2006 Specialized Dolce Elite!!

I really wanted to like the Trek, but the Dolce was just way more comfortable. I tried for over an hour to make myself like the Trek 1500 WSD and I did, but I loved the way the Dolce felt.

I'm so excited!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rayetta
    Thank you all for your advice.
    I am so excite to finally have made a decision..after spending almost 2 hours in the bike shop trying both bikes, I ended up buying.....(drum roll please)....The 2006 Specialized Dolce Elite!!

I really wanted to like the Trek, but the Dolce was just way more comfortable. I tried for over an hour to make myself like the Trek 1500 WSD and I did, but I loved the way the Dolce felt.

I'm so excited!!!!
    Congratulations on the new bike. I hope you have many wonderful rides on your new Dolce.
    Amelia Earhart

Wishing many Happy & Wonderful riding miles on your new Dolce Elite. She is a beautiful bike.

Be sure to update us on your riding adventures.

~ JoAnn

congrats on the new bike ray! although I am a Trek rider, like you said - the Dolce just felt better and that's more important than the name on the down tube! May you and he/she/it have many miles together!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Congrats! I just bought the '05 Dolce Comp myself. I love it so far and just wish I could get out and put more miles on it!!! I will, but I want to ride NOW.

By the way, my hubby says it looks like a dorm around here because I have her parked in my living room!!! She looks so pretty, and I don't want to send her off to the basement just yet. Wouldn't even think of sticking her in the garage!!!

Have fun with the new bike!!!

Cathy

[Oh I'm not sticking my bike in the garage either. I keep mine in the house which totally irritates my hubby, but he'll get used to it!

I don't even want to put it on the patio. I just love my bike...

I have a now "vintage" 02 or 03 Allez Dolce and I love it as a road bike. Not so good as a tri bike, but she's not mean't to be. She's a sexy little number, silver and white w/ tiger stripes.. I do love her even though I'm about to relegate her to the trainer. I have pictures of her somewhere, I'll have to add them to my online album..