Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma
    LOL! I can picture that guy's face. Toooo funny, Knobster, thanks for chiming in.

Sorry to hear about your close call Trekhawk...glad you're ok and none the worse for wear. Keep at it, girlfriend. Perhaps next time, should there be a next time (let's really hope not), your rescuer will be a 6'6" power lifter, not a lil' old lady.....

~BikeMomma
    Hey BikeMomma thanks - Havent had any more close calls thanks goodness, now all I need is some decent weather and Ill be happy.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

I often ride around town on my Kogswell D50 and last year a driver "buzzed" me during my ride. I wasn't hurt but a police office was sitting in the parking lot on the other side of the road and witnessed what happened. The office pulled over the driver. I didn't stick around, just kept riding. But justice was served, don't you think????

Another time I was riding in a peloton of approximately 30 riders and a driver in a pickup ran a couple of us off the road and screamed at us. Several of the guys decided to chase him to the next stop light. They caught up with him, knocked on his window to explain things. He eventually rolled down the window and he agreed he was in the wrong (maybe it was the intimidation of being surrounded).
    In life it isn't how many moments you breathe but how many moments take your breath away!

I'm sure between us we keep the pain-killer companies in business!!!

This thread makes me think of one of my training partners, out for a ride with a couple of people when an oncoming truck decides to overtake another car - straight into them.
    She was run off the road - luckily, one of the other riders got the trucks number, and the police have pursued it and are taking him to court.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".