Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Seriously....

Seriously....

To disable ads, please log-in.

Really, am I suppose to go through the backpacks of ten year-olds to extricate their homework? And yes, the students do correct their own homework.

And what does, "He almost just spit on me!" mean. Why does it need to be repeated over and over?

Does it really matter that her paper is on your desk by a quarter of an inch?

Why do kids "cut" in line? And why is it such a big, hairy deal? Really, there is no prize for being first back into class.

I am teaching 4th grade. Why is it more than half my students are reading at a 2.5 grade level or below?

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Really, am I supposed to explain the lab protocol to people who didn't read it ahead of time?

And what does, "I can't find my sample" mean? Why do you think I have some insight into this issue?

Does it really matter if she used your reagents?

Why do kids cut the incubation periods? Do you think these are random times?

I teach college. I get the feeling that you and I just had the same kind of day.

I teach middle school... and I have a lot of those kind of days. I came back from a day at a conference to a remarkably positive sub report... then the math teacher said "Yesterday A. came into my room practically in tears because T. was poking him with a pencil during the movie". I interviewed the kids, and T. said "I was just messing around". Right. Referral.

And did I mention the parent wrote me an email insinuating that there was some racial element going on?
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Parent wants to know why I wrote that that his kid never has his hw. Ahhhh... 'cause when I ask him to get it out, he says he left it at home. Oh no, he's always got his hw. We make sure it's in his backpack. So, is he too lazy to get it out when I ask for it? What's the deal here?

I am so looking forward to the discussion about why the same kid needs to use the bathroom three times in a day. And the kid insists that he is going at his recesses too.

Overall this is the most immature and egocentric group I have taught. I just need to keep this in mind - Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Or better yet - Just keep swimming! Figuratively and literally!

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Sigh... I get to see the other end of this now. And, it's not so swell, either. Right now, I have a 6 year old hospitalized for risky behaviors and a suicidal 13 year old. They both have teachers and I feel for them
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

It scares me to see what is happening to our children. I don't know the exact cause and I don't know how to fix it.

I hate to say this, but many of my students this year are doing the best they can. They just don't have much to work with.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Thanks to my teachers in elementary school - we found that I had kidney problems, and needed glasses (individual discoveries).

And also thanks to my junior high science teacher - I discovered the joys of biology and nature. Am a professional biologist, Thank you Mr. D!

My only disappointment with my teachers and any other adult I ever dealt with growing up, I'm a separate person, I am not N's little sister. After every move, having a teacher that never taught my brother was a godsend.
    Beth

We love our son's school (a charter Montessori), for the most part...but they have a LONG-TERM bad habit of giving us <1 week notification for everything. Like the info. for the Fall fundraiser. We're supposed to address envelopes for friends and family, then the school stuffs them and puts postage on and mails them. They gave these out on Friday and they were supposed to be returned Monday. DS didn't even give us the envelope with the info. until Mon., which puts some of the blame on him, but we had a crazy busy weekend and would have been crunched for time to do these, anyhow. It would have been nice if they'd have given us a week. And we found out about the Destination Imagination and Mackinaw Island field trip meetings via e-mail only 1-3 days before the meetings. There's no way to plan ahead for anything, so frequently we have to miss things. Drives. Me. Nuts! A friend pulled her DD from the school a couple of years ago, since it was impossible for her to plan anything school-related around her work schedule with so little notice.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2