Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Pom poms

Pom poms

To disable ads, please log-in.

Trying to find some pom poms to cheer for (and be seen by) some marathon runners Saturday. Party city usually carries them but they're out. I've tried craft stores, Halloween stores...no luck. Who carries these things? Found a million online stores but I've run out of time there. Any ideas?

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

How about a college bookstore? They always seem to have them, albeit in limited color selections....
    2011 Scott CX Team/Koobi Xenon
    2005 Bike Friday NWT/Selle Royal Lookin
    2001 Bianchi Giro/Terry Butterfly Ti
    1970s Centurion Le Mans/Ancient waffle saddle

You could also get streamers at your LBS - REI and Performance both have them. Dollar Stores sometimes do too, and Target in the gift-wrap section.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

A sporting goods store might have them in colors for one or more of your local teams. Or the stadium souvenir shop, though they're liable to be pricey there.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Yeah, I was trying to find something with blue in it. Realized last night that SOMEONE should be selling Broncos pom poms but haven't guessed where yet. Walmart didn't have them (at least, not the really sketchy Walmart that's close by). I'll try a couple more places this afternoon. A friend of mine is on the drumline for the team so he ought to have some idea.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

If all else fails, buy tissue paper, wrap the center with strong tape, cut thin strips and then crunch up with your hands. If you want you can also fold from the center and tape a handle per se - used to do this in HS all the time for fan pom poms
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com