Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Hot flashes, etc. -post menopausal

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am in menopause...meaning I really no longer have my periods over last 18 months.

But now, I seem to get mini hot flashes..more often. Less than 5 min. each time. Usually at night. It's not major, but enough that it was more than being in perimenopause. Does anyone experience this even now??

Today what was really strange to me..was walking through some elevated indoor walkways and malls. About 2.5 km. I had not walked inside this area for the last 3 months. I was having bursts of hot mini flashes..and really it was reasonably airconditioned and everyone else was wearing jackets..

My reaction was starting to freak me out..I desperately wanted to get outdoors and did near the end. I was getting a tiny light-headed too.

(Dearie thinks my body, after 2 yrs., may be now acclimatizing to our cold, dry winters....which do drop to -25 to -30 degrees C. Well, really I can walk around for half an hour at -25 C. degrees. But no, -30 C is getting very cold for me.)
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

I have been post menopausal for almost 11 years. I continued to have flashes for about 5 years. One every morning when I woke up. Most of the others were related to the hot temperature in my former classroom. And some of it was made worse by a medication I was taking. I never made a big deal out of any of them; I would drink copiously from my water bottle at work (most of them seemed to happen there) when one started. I never, ever had one while exercising, whether it was indoors or out. Maybe you should track when they regularly occur. For me, upping my hydration, lots of exercise, and meditation worked. I just ignored it, mostly.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I normally only get mini hot flashes in bed when I'm lying down at night. So this daytime episode puzzled me. I was also starting to feel claustrophobic in that walking area.

Like you, the stuff normally is just passing by through me.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Shooting Star, what you are describing could be a panic attack. PM me...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport