Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do you like your pancakes?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Alright, since we have multiple, lengthy, varying posts about oatmeal, I thought pancakes deserved a little attention as well.

I use Meijers Naturals Pancake Mix--I really like this mix. It smells and tastes like a cake donut when I make them.
    I make them every Saturday for the family. As such, I like to mix things up!

Some of the variations I've done:

Bear Paw Pancakes
    Make mix according to package and stir in 2-4 tbsp Peanut Butter and Chocolate chips.

Peanut Butter and Jelly
    Stir in a few tbsp PB and Jelly each. I thought this would make PB&J swirls, but it didn't. It mixed right in with the mix. It gave the pancakes a really great flavor.

Cinnamon and Vanilla
    Add tsp of Organic Vanilla and a few shakes of Cinnamon

Oatmeal Pancakes
    Toast some oatmeal in the oven then add to the pancake mix. Makes a hearty, filling, earthy pancake.

Pumpkin Pancakes
    Add canned pumpkin, dash of each of the following: cinnamon, allspice, and ginger.

Mixed Berry Pancakes
    Throw in whatever berries I have laying around. Yum!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

1. I don't know how my mother makes them, but hers are the best. She usually adds fresh fruit to the batter -- apples, peaches, blueberries.

2. With blueberries at Cracker Barrel, after a long bike ride.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

The pumpkin ones sound amazing, as I am a pumpkin fiend. Do you reduce the amount of liquid you add? I'll have to check the local Meijer for the mix.

I like buttermilk pancakes, except that I usually use milk that's on the verge of expiring. I top them with butter and real maple syrup.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I've made these Pumpkin Pancakes before, and they were good. I usually don't have room in my calorie budget for pancakes, though....
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

We like to add any combination to a whole wheat base (corn pancakes the exception):

Psyillum husk
    Shredded coconut
    Flax seeds
    Dried cranberries
    dried oatmeal

fresh/powdered ginger
    Molasses
    pumpkin pie spice
    vanilla

fresh corn
    agave
    vanilla

Fresh bananas
    berries
    apples

for the top:
    Chopped apples+cinnamon+sugar+vanilla+butter. mix in glass bowl and microwave for 1 min. = Caramel Apple topping

Homemade (from scratch) with maple (not imitation) syrup and maragrine...for easy spreading.

If somone else is cooking them, I like my pancakes on my plate ready and warm to eat! Just being silly.

I have a recipe at home for pumpkin pancakes with pecans - they are really good. Love real maple syrup, don't need butter just wasted calories.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I don't make pancakes. But he's pro at making crepes. Probably at least once a month he makes them. He's got his 30 yr. old technique refined and solid. And makes lovely thin crepes quickly. Often we freeze a batch.

He also makes the filling /topping which is creative. Usually some sort of berry, plum, peach or rhubarb or combinations of 3-4 fruits as a compote. Flavoured with grated ginger root, cinnamon, crushed aniseed. Really yummers.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I haven't eaten a pancake in years... might have to have one soon... that pumpkin pancake sounds gooood!

Electra Townie 7D

Pancakes. Naw. Bought a Belgium waffle maker, one of those pour in, close and flip electric ones. So it's easy to do. I use either Trader Joes or krusteaz brand mix, and add salba and walnuts to it, along with a drop or two of real vanilla. I then add a little cinnamon on top and real maple sirup. Sometimes I put strawberries or blueberries on top so I can say it's healthy . For oil I use a small amount of coconut oil. It's basically what I used to do for pancakes.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL

Mine are from-scratch too. I make a big batch and freeze them. (Speaking of which, I need to do that.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by tzvia View Post
    Pancakes. Naw. Bought a Belgium waffle maker, one of those pour in, close and flip electric ones. So it's easy to do. I use either Trader Joes or krusteaz brand mix, and add salba and walnuts to it, along with a drop or two of real vanilla. I then add a little cinnamon on top and real maple sirup. Sometimes I put strawberries or blueberries on top so I can say it's healthy . For oil I use a small amount of coconut oil. It's basically what I used to do for pancakes.
    I want a belgium waffle maker soooo badly!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I like homemade from scratch. Prefer the whole wheat pastry flour.

The best pancakes I ever had were with fresh peaches added. This was while camping, I'm not the one who did it.

Next time, I've having Scrappy make them.
    You got it Muirenn! Whole wheat gingerbread pankcakes ... yummmm

When it's time to feed my sourdough starter, I usually end up making pancakes. 1 cup of the starter, 1 egg, pinch of salt, some baking soda, and that's it. Makes for one generous serving. Usually I have them with butter and real maple syrup. Yum.

(I pull my sourdough starter out of the fridge and feed it the day before baking bread, btw, so I've been eating pancakes for dinner about once a week.)

I've never really liked pancakes; they get cold too fast. Maybe I should eat faster.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com