Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Dresses/skirts

Dresses/skirts

To disable ads, please log-in.

I almost named this thread "Dresses/skirts on the bike" but realized that was not the meaning I intended. I'm sure my bike would look very cute wearing a skirt.

Any suggestions of dresses or skirts to wear on the bike? My brother is getting married in 2 weeks. After the wedding they are jumping on a tandem to go to the reception and we are all invited to hop on our bikes and follow them. I want to look nice for the pictures but also be able to ride my bike somewhat comfortably. I think I want to wear a skirt or dress. I think I want a new skirt or dress for this. I would love suggestions.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

The Athleta Whatever skort? It's adorable, comfortable, and you'd never know that there are shorts underneath.

The Shelia Moon Lingerie liner? Lovely bit of lace at the bottom and means you could wear any short dress or skirt to the wedding.

I wear dresses sometimes, while cycling. I just make sure to wear a short short up under the dress to keep prying eyes away. It helps to not have something long and frilly too, it will get caught in the chain and pedals. Good luck! I love girls who look chic on their bikes.

Sheila Moon is a cool site. I like lace trimmed chamois. I don't think chamois is necessary (it's not far from wedding to reception) but shorts would be more comfortable for modesty.

I love skirts and dresses on bikes. +1 to the Sheila Moon lingerie liner under anything. I have a couple of Nuu Muu dresses which are just excellent, and a Sheila Moon Bo Peep dress in blue, which is full-on adorable. Could you borrow a dutch style bike from somewhere, then you could wear whatever you want?

What a great idea for a wedding!
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

I've been bike commuting in skirts and dresses once or twice a week this summer-- trips less than 5 miles, so no bothering with shorts with chamois, just compression-style shorts for the sake of modesty. I look for fairly full skirts in knit materials, knee length or a little shorter. There's a lot out there that will work just fine! I also am mindful of the cut on tops-- even on my trek 7.3fx, there have been a couple times when it felt like everyone could look straight down my top and see everything when I reached for the handlebars.

Including bikes in the wedding, how cool!

I looked at the Sheila Moon outfits and the Nuu Muu. How cute! But I swung by the antique/used store because you never know, I might get lucky, and I found 2 dresses for $6 each! The nicer one might be too long but I'm going to try it out. With compression shorts I think either dress would be fine. I wanted lace-trimmed white shorts but got tired of looking (even online) quickly. I really don't like shopping (even online)! I still have to figure out shoes.

Heels are actually great for casual rides because the soles tend to be stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    The Athleta Whatever skort? It's adorable, comfortable, and you'd never know that there are shorts underneath.
    So I *finally* got to try some of these on. Adorable, comfy, yay! But nothing in my size in the color I wanted. Online, they estimated shipping it DECEMBER 1ST.

Eeesh. I might be a different size by then.

-- gnat!
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73