Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Solo in the French Pyrenees

To disable ads, please log-in.

Now I'm sitting in Logan, waiting for a plane to Toulouse...Leaving today for three weeks of solo cycling to explore the Pyrenees Atlantiques, finishing in the Hautes Pyrenees with a climb up Col du Tourmalet. ... what could be better?? I am hoping for a leisurely journey, enjoying traveling by bike to experience the Pays Basque and Béarn, of the French Pyrenees: the region of an ancient culture, full of historic sites, art and architure, culture and food ... and of course, magnificent landscapes, beautiful small roads, and loads of climbing. I've been enjoying TE forum and hope some of you will follow along, and add your comments. I will post photos and reports as I go at my site. Www.susancycling.blogspot.com. Happy pedalling!

Wow; what a trip! I love that you're doing this on your own. How cool is that?!!!

Have a wonderful and safe ride. I look forward to reading your blog.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Sounds fabulous! Have a great trip.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Enjoy your wonderful cycling trip!

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    That spends like a wonderful trip! I've done a couple of similar trips in other parts of France, but not in the Pyrenees, yet! I hope you have a great time. I look forward to reading your blog.

Thanks everyone! My bike and I made it through the flights fine and without damage. I'm tired but so glad to be here in Toulouse. St. Jean de Luz by train tomorrow.