Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    The only way I've found around that Emily is to read the ones that are new that I want to read and the click to mark all posts read. That's the only work-around to that aspect that I've figured out.
    Thanks, Possegal! I never used to have to do that so didn't even think of it. I will give it a try.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I really haven't been following this thread, so apologies if someone has posted before, but sometimes when I post a quick reply, I will get the error message "do you really want to navigate away from this page?" It's intermittent and I haven't identified anything that says when it will do that and when it won't. I'm on MacOS 10.6.8 and Firefox 15.0.1.

ETA - it did it this time.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Emily,

New posts since your last visit are at the top of page 1 - everything after the "threads below" marker can be ignored. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you shouldn't have to go on page-after-page ???

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    I have a different issue that cropped up with the new forum. It's not a "bug" but just something that bugs me. When I go to the forum, I always click on "New Posts". In the old forum, that would only show me threads with new posts since my last visit. Now, in addition (and following) those, I get a whole slew of posts under "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." Is there any way to turn that off. If I didn't read them before, I don't want to read 'em this time around either. It makes my "new posts" search go on for page after page.

Minor, I know, but just one of those niggling little changes I don't care for.

Thanks!
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I really haven't been following this thread, so apologies if someone has posted before, but sometimes when I post a quick reply, I will get the error message "do you really want to navigate away from this page?" It's intermittent and I haven't identified anything that says when it will do that and when it won't. I'm on MacOS 10.6.8 and Firefox 15.0.1.

ETA - it did it this time.
    I get this too...same OS, Safari browser.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

It just did it to me, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Emily,

New posts since your last visit are at the top of page 1 - everything after the "threads below" marker can be ignored. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, you shouldn't have to go on page-after-page ???
    No, you're not misunderstanding. It's just a small annoyance since it never did that before the forum changes that I recall. However, thanks to the tip above, I just did a "mark all read" and it went away. It's just a preference, not a bug at all. Thanks, Jeff, for checking!

Emily
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I get this too...same OS, Safari browser.
    Me too -- with Windows 7, Chrome browser. It's after my post goes through successfully, though it doesn't look like it did. If I click "Stay on this page", it then warns me that I can't post again for 45 seconds. But I didn't try to post again. This entire sequence does appear to be some sort of bug with the "Post Quick Reply". Just happened to me above when I posted the reply to Jeff.

Emily
    Emily

OK, I just had that problem, as Emily described. I rarely use the Quick Reply, but I just did.
    Using Chrome with Mac 10.8.2
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Me too -- with Windows 7, Chrome browser. It's after my post goes through successfully, though it doesn't look like it did. If I click "Stay on this page", it then warns me that I can't post again for 45 seconds. But I didn't try to post again. This entire sequence does appear to be some sort of bug with the "Post Quick Reply". Just happened to me above when I posted the reply to Jeff.

Emily
    I've had this happen quite a few times in the last couple of days as well. Chrome and Firefox, Windows 7 64-bit if it matters.

Still only get the first page of recent posts and nothing shows up if I click to go to the next page. As a result I miss a lot of recent posts.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Goldfinch, what browser, OS and skin are you using? (ex: IE7, Windows 7, Luburox Blue)
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Using Chrome, vB4 default style Serifs.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    Using Chrome, vB4 default style Serifs.
    Do you have javascript enabled in your browser?
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Yes. I double checked.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    Terry Classic

I just went on the forum again and now I am able to see page 2 of the new posts.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    Terry Classic