Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Hang in there and don't give up! This is when that's so important.
    I won't. I guess it was a break from eating less than I want to eat. I'll go back to eating less again.

Oddly, I road 457 miles in September on my bike, hauling the bike around and cramming the riding in with several trips. I think that the hunger from the workouts contributed to overeating.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Never heard of it. I'll try to track the book down.

EDIT: just bought it on Amazon. It should be interesting reading.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Friday: 142.2

(Back up today, but Shshhh!)

-- gnat!
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73

Alright - time to pay the piper...

I just got back from 3 weeks on the road, traveling 5 of the last 4 weeks and I admit that I've let my nutrition slip a bit recently. Top that with it being TOM and you get a lovely weight of 154. Ouch. I knew it would be up based on how my pants felt late last week so this is no daily 'blip' or anything. October will be a month of recovery and my goal remains the same. I have one more week of travel coming up, but I still intend to get back to 148 or so by the end of the month. This is, of course, assuming a lot of this is water weight from the long flight and monthly hormonal fluctuations.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

It isn't Friday, but this morning I found myself to be at the smallest weight since I was something like 20 years old - 128 even - I am 52 now. I am also getting stronger and starting to look more toned - yey Paleo and functional training!

The same. I know this isn't bad, but my body seems to be going through some kind of change. I've been hungry a lot and I have to think about how to kick start my metabolism or do something differently. I ran one day this week, but from the way my body felt after, not sure if I'm ready to start regularly again. Being below 105 gives me a little leeway to eat a little more liberally.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

So, I figured out why last week was up - Aunt Flo. Had a big drop this week after a week of reduced calories and whole foods eating.

128 today.

Now on to Maintenance for the next two weeks, hopefully that will remain between 128-133 so my body can get used to the new weight. Amazingly, I have not had too many issues with cravings since I am eating everything very plain-jane although today is a big bake sale at work. Watch out!
    I can do five more miles.

126.5 today. 123.5 earlier this week. Can someone explain to me why, without fail, I am heavier on Fridays than I am earlier in the week? I don't mind the number, but I sure would like to understand the science.

114.2 today

I am always heavier on Fridays, and Mondays are normally my lightest, but I think that's because I'm usually out riding and very active all weekend, while during the week I squeeze in what exercise I can

Also I'm amazed by how much a glass of water can make a difference in your weight... so perhaps you're well hydrated by the end of the week?

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Traveling and not exercising consistently has put me up 3 lbs in the last two weeks. Darn it! I was *this close* to Catrin!

107.0 this morning. I got lucky and lost my appetite for two days with a cold -- otherwise I had been 108 earlier in the week and was NOT happy about that at all. Hopefully now that my appetite is coming back I won't swing right back up to the higher weight. I would still very much like to be < 105 again (as I was for the past 10 years or so), but it seems to be just about impossible to get there again. I am blaming hormones!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Traveling and not exercising consistently has put me up 3 lbs in the last two weeks. Darn it! I was *this close* to Catrin!

LOL Tulip I have the idea that I am a lot shorter than you are...but that isn't hard as I am pretty short. If it makes you feel better, I was 129.8 this morning...darn it.

I've noticed that my weight is always when I've had a protein shake the day before, so I am thinking that there is something in it that causes me to retain water. Either that or it is the hard workout that is still causing me to retain a bit (or both). Thinking about taking some bone broth afterwards rather than the processed protein shake and see what that is like. I need SOMETHING though, especially for the group training sessions.

You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I wonder if I am not eating enough before/after bootcamp.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

-- gnat! (ah well)
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross