Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

To disable ads, please log-in.

106 this morning, up 1/2 lb. Not too bad, but I know I've been eating too many carbs, so I feel your statement re. bread, Crankin. Barry made some excellent focaccia the other night, and I knew that I would gain if I ate it, but I did anyway. We did a 6-mile hot walk to and from town this morning (after my weigh-in), though, so perhaps I have now negated the bread. But I won't have any more.

Sorry Goldfinch. I know how that feels...and it sucks. I've been as high as 110 since moving down to Belize (after living in the 102-104 range for years prior to moving here), and it made me feel bad about myself. Clothes were tight, and I felt way too pudgy. When you're short and small-boned, it's amazing the difference just a few lbs. one way or the other can mean. Best of luck figuring out how to turn things around!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

316!

Go shelly!!!
    I can do five more miles.

Yayy Shelly!

127.4 today - I can't remember when I was last this weight - probably at least 30 years ago
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-27-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Congratulations, Catrin! That's awesome...
    Emily

I know it's not weigh in day, but I saw 103.6 for the first time in about 2 months. Not sure if it's my eating, exercising, or just luck.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

OK, I realized it's the end of this challenge... I should have used my weight from the above post.
    Today: 105.2 I can't remember what my goal was, but I have been able to maintain at a little bit of a lower weight.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

128.3 today, within a .5 pound from last week. Still not quite my target weight but I will take it! I am just happy to FINALLY be < 130.

I think that I will keep the same 125 target for the next challenge - it will help me to maintain through the holiday season.

132 today, the end of the challenge. Considering how I've been eating for two weeks (mindfully, but also mindfully eating halloween treats and birthday cake from my husband's 50th) I am not disappointed, only more aware of things. It is amazing to me how tentative the balance is - calories consumed vs. burned. Being lighter, I am much faster both on the bike and running and that has been awesome. Having eliminated milk and cream (mostly) for the past few months, I feel better and less bloated. Cutting back on refined carbs has also been helpful. And making sure to eat my fruit and veggies has kept me happy. Now I just need to keep the habit up and continue to keep calories in check. I started marathon training this week for a marathon in March and my goal is to run this one faster than my last one. If I can keep my weight at the 130 mark, I think I can do this.
    I can do five more miles.

142.8 today. Not bad, considering a perfect storm of hormones and Halloween candy earlier this week!

-- gnat!
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73

106.0, same as last week. I have come to terms with the fact that I am going to weigh more here than I did in the US unless I eat quite a bit less, which I really don't want to do since I think I eat healthily and not excessively. I don't want to eat too little and put my body into that calorie hoarding metabolism that can happen.

The slightly higher weight may be a result of inching closer and closer to menopause. Before we moved here in Aug. 2011, I was having frequent cycles, but now I've moved into the next phase... 40-60 days between cycles. I am 51, which I read is the average age of menopause in the US. So I think there's some hormonal stuff going on as well as it often being too hot/humid for me to get as much exercise as I'd like.

It will be kind of interesting to see what happens with my weight when we move back to the US next spring.
    Emily