Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Angry Los Angeles TE Peeps

To disable ads, please log-in.

My e-friend and fellow cyclist Ed M. is lying in Intensive Care at UCLA right now with numerous serious injuries after someone in a Land Rover hit him on Topanga Canyon yesterday. They continued on without stopping and left him behind for someone else to deal with.

Parts of a Rover headlight was found at the scene. If you have any information about a Land Rover with with fresh front end damage that may have been in the west valley yesterday, please call LAPD or CHP to make a report.

These continued "accidents" are inexcusable and hurt even more when they hit close home. All my good thoughts & prayers to Ed and Cindy. I pray to God that someone is in handcuffs for their felony soon

Wow.

Amazing.

Best thoughts to your friends. Man this stuff makes you disappointed in the human species, doesn't it?

Again..best wishes/thoughts/prayers to them.
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Unbelievable (and unforgivable)!!! Prayers to Ed for a speedy, full recovery.
    I hope an arrest is made soon, too!!
    Sending all the healing vibes I have his way.

I'm going to guess they were probably texting and hit him. I wish people would start being human again. And driving with their full attention. When will car manufacturers start putting in devices that block cell signals inside your car so you CAN'T use your phone while driving?
    Sorry- didn't mean to rant. And I don't even know that they were on their phone, but chances are pretty good that they were.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Maybe all Land Rover dealerships in the area should be alerted... Since you mentioned the headlight, it seems unlikely that they would go too far without it.

That is very sad.

Topanga Canyon is not a road you should be talking on your cell. Way too many drivers on that road are going at reckless speed with steep descent and hairpin turns in places with no shoulder.

I too wish Ed a speedy and full recovery.

Very sad. Wish your friend a speedy recovery.