Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Broken zipper on Axiom trunk

To disable ads, please log-in.

so a few years ago I was looking for the perfect trunk, and my very thoughtful husband bought me (online, he doesn't recall where) this Axiom Columbus Journey Series bag, drop down sides, expandable top, bungee cord on top. A zipper is now broken on one of the side compartments. He immediately bought their upgraded version, but I hate to ditch this for lack of a few zipper teeth. I wrote Axiom, no reply. Any idea where/how we'd go about getting this repaired?

This appears to be it, it's a slightly older model, it doesn't show up on the Axiom site now

Thanks for all brilliant ideas!

http://www.bicycleeverything.com/pro...-Bike-Bag.html

the link didn't show up, let's see if it does this time

If you can't get it done under warranty, look up luggage repair or shoe repair in your phone book. A shoe repair place should be able to do it, but if not, there will be someone in your nearest city who does luggage repair.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I also have this trunk bag and love it. (Last week I transported a large head of cabbage from a farm stand in the main compartment while riding with a friend.)

I'd check with a shoe or luggage repair service, too. Zipper replacements tend to be pricey, though...it may not be worth the repair cost. Could you use it in its limited capacity on another bike? I often frequent yard sales with mine , and sometimes have to leave the pannier unzipped due to space constraints. While it's not ideal, I find that most items stay put until I get them home.

1990 Univega Alpina/(stock) gel saddle
    2009 Specialized Dolce Elite/BG Lithia saddle
    2009 Jamis Coda Sport/Selle Royale Respiro saddle
    2010 Jamis Aurora/Jamis Touring Sport saddle

If teeth have broken off, it may be a sign that the bag was getting overstuffed. If you find a place willing to do the repair, ask for a coil zipper. Tooth zippers are not a good choice for bags. I'm not sure why the manufacturer would do that.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM