Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Warrenton going west to Linden/Front Royal-Warren County area

To disable ads, please log-in.

We are looking on line for homes, and the only ones affordable are in the Linden and FrontRoyal, without having to commute too long to Warrenton for work. With gas prices these days I don't want my husband to go broke going to work- bit ironic. In the summer the ride on his bike would not be so bad. 18 miles from Linden to Warrenton /visaversa. Winter and the snow, must drive, a given. Front Royal we would be close to the mtns. for rides too. The views would be nice. They are building two new High Schools out there and will be complete by 2007-2008 school year. That spells growth and equals a good time to buy it seems, while there is still land with the houses.
    I am so excited! Looking to fly back to US in late June to start the search.

Anyone know an dog friendly temporary housing quarters to stay in Linden/FrontRoyal with my family (husband, two teen boys, and our doggy) Need to start making reservations soon. under $2000 for a month (prefer less).
    Last edited by AutumnBreez; 04-27-2006 at 11:55 AM.
    Holistic Health Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist
    http://mandalatree.healthcoach.integ...nutrition.com/

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by amandaesq04
    Warrenton, in Fauquier Co., is a cute town. I wouldn't rule out living there or further west. The commute from Winchester to Fauquier isn't that bad on 66 (45 min.) - I've done it a few times. It's commute from Fauquier Co. to DC - now that gets a little sticky.
    The Winchester Wheelmen usually have a pretty high male/female ratio when we road ride. Everyone is welcome. www.winchesterwheelmen.org.
    Is anyone doing the MS 150 in Charlottesville?
    On another subject, any ideas on living arrangements in Alexandria? I am job hunting in that area.
    I work in Alexandria. Are you looking for jobs only in Alexandria or in DC metro area in general? Old Town Alexandria is very expensive. Farther out is more affordable to suburban (i.e. car-oriented) for me. Craig's List and the City Paper are good starts, as is Misha's Coffee on Patrick Street in Old Town.

job hunting

I have a second interview with a firm in old town alexandria and I applied with another in Falls Church. It is so neat in old town. I will likely try to find a roommate situation if I get either job since purchasing a house or even a condo is totally unrealistic.
    My goal is to live within biking distance of my job - or 30 minute or less commute. I hate driving - right now I am 1 hour each way to work, and gas is killing me.

Amanda - Good luck w/your job hunt! It would be a real hike to go from Winchester to Old Town every day. I have a couple friends who commute to McLean from there every day. If you move to Old Town, you'll have to join Tulip and me on a ride!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

yeah, I refuse to commute that far. I'll definately let you know where I end up - I want to keep riding, and I'll need some cool chicks to bike with.

I commute (on my bike) 1 hour 15 minutes from Prince Georges County, Maryland to Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. But then again, I'm perhaps a bit wacko in that regard.

I suggest that you get an ADC Bike Map of the DC Metro Area. It has all the bike trails and the on-road bike routes. It's very helpful and will be useful as you look for a place to live (you WILL get the job...I'm confident of it!)

Good and bad news

Got a job...but it's in VA Beach, not Alexandria. Anyone ride there?

Nokesville Ride

Looks like spring weather is here to stay!

I wanted to let you all know, I know the Nokesville ride quite well, since I have done it a number of times. I would be happy to meet everyone either at the Brentsville High School or Nokesville Community Park. It is a beautiful ride and really not all that hilly. I would provide maps for everyone. We could do 20 miles or 30 miles. I am not available this weekend or next, due to college graduations but the weekend of May 22, I would be. I suggest meeting early 8:30-9:00 for this ride to avoid traffic later in the day. Also if you ride the WOD, starting around 9 am the trail is not too busy. Later in the day the families come out and ride with their small children, which can be quite annoying sometimes. I love children, but they scare me with all the weaving they do!

Hopefully we can work out this ride or another soon.

Barb
    Remember: Today is the youngest you will ever be.

Barb

Anyone want to ride Saturday May 20 on the WOD?

Anyone want to meet and do a ride on the WOD on Saturday or Sunday??
    Remember: Today is the youngest you will ever be.

Barb

Quote Originally Posted by barrb46
    Anyone want to meet and do a ride on the WOD on Saturday or Sunday??
    My house is on a house tour on Saturday, so I have to make sure no one walks off with anything. It's an open studio tour of artists' studios in my neighborhood, not a fancy-house tour.

I am doing a PPTC ride on Sunday--the Civil War sites one. 50 miles C or CC pace. www.bikepptc.org.

are you staying put??

Quote Originally Posted by amandaesq04
    yeah, I refuse to commute that far. I'll definately let you know where I end up - I want to keep riding, and I'll need some cool chicks to bike with.
    Hello, you aren't moving are you?? Hope you will stay in the area of Winchester or close to the Warren county so we can ride together. I am hoping the schools will be ok out there in Front Royal. Know any rumors of the Middle and Highschool there?? Can use all the info I can get from first handers. If you know anyone that can give me input about the area before buying a home, and not regretting it in that area. So do you cycle with anyone on the Winchester Wheelman team? are there many women that are down in Front Royal I wonder??? Maybe I will have to start my own club up down there once I know the area and some routes. Would love to know some routes before coming, besides that of the BlueRidge/Skyline Dr.
    Which LBS do you trust up that way?

Living in Warrenton, any riders??

Hello! I am moved in and riding when I can. Anyone out this far??

Moved from VA to CO

2008 I moved to Littleton/Highlands Ranch CO.

What awesome trails!!!