If anyone out there enjoys adventure racing or would like to give it a try, there will be a women's race in Greenbrier State Park, MD on October 7, 2012.

Here's the description from the race website:

We are excited to announce the return of the Buff Betty Woman’s Only Adventure Race. One of our goals at Adventure Addicts Racing is to introduce new people to the sport and we believe the Buff Betty is a great introduction for adventurous female athletes looking for an alternative to triathlons and your typical off road events. Call your friends, get your team together, and don’t miss out on one of the most exciting races of the year! Moms…how about racing with your daughter! (minimum age is 12)

Duration: 4 to 6 hours

Disciplines:
Mountain biking (5 to 10 miles on paved roads, gravel roads, and single/double track)
Trekking (4 to 6 miles)
Paddling (boats, PFDs, and paddles provided) (1 to 3 miles)
Navigation…completely doable for beginners and fun for more experienced navigators

Categories:
Solo
Two-Person
Three-Person
Four-Person

More info is here:

http://www.adventureaddictsracing.co...ts/buff-betty/

Also there will be a free Adventure Racing Skills class for women at REI in Fairfax, VA on Sept 28.

(Disclosure: I learned about the race because my neighbor is one of the organizers. But I'm only passing along the info here because I think there might be a few TE ladies who would have fun with it.)