Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Road Identification

To disable ads, please log-in.

How do you carry I.D.? I like the bracelet idea, but I can't wear most metals against my skin due to irritation (even worse when sweaty) and the velcro bracelet they have looks like it would be hot and wide.

Looking for other ideas. I thought about putting a bracelet on my bike, but that won't help if I'm lying on the ground and the bike happens to be MIA.

Road ID - and they have a non-velcro option here. I have the slim version and it works fine for me, it isn't just for kids.

I have no problem with the Road ID wrist band. I forget I'm wearing it, no matter how hot and humid it gets.

I have the original style with the velcro closure, so I don't know how the silicon ones feel. I have worn Livestrong bracelets on long summer rides with no problem, but they are very loose.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I also have the original road id velcro band. I have really small wrists and don't even notice than its there. Feels not much different to having my watch on the other wrist.

I wear mine all the time for both biking and running.

I wear a watch while riding, and the band is the same material as the RoadID band. I don't even notice it.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Road ID - and they have a non-velcro option here. I have the slim version and it works fine for me, it isn't just for kids.
    Thanks, Catrin. It looks like the metal wraps around the silicone...does it touch your skin?

And, everyone else, thanks for the info on the velcro bracelet. I wear a Livestrong bracelet (youth size fit much better than the adult size) and it doesn't bother me much in heat. I'll go one of those routes.

I have the Velcro wrist one - fine for biking & skiing, but I hate it for running. Too wide & hot. To the point that I took it off mid-run one time, and almost lost it.
    The Warrior Princess: 2008 Jamis Xenith Pro / Bontrager Affinity 1 (men's)
    2006 Trek Fuel EX 9 / Bontrager Race Luxe
    2007 Trek 520 / Serfas Terazzo
    Amelia Pond (She travels long distances, has great adventures, and she's a redhead): 2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 / Bontrager Affinity 2 (men's)

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I have no problem with the Road ID wrist band. I forget I'm wearing it, no matter how hot and humid it gets.

I have the original style with the velcro closure, so I don't know how the silicon ones feel. I have worn Livestrong bracelets on long summer rides with no problem, but they are very loose.
    I have the velcro one, too. I had one of the silicone adjustable ones and hated it...it would get a mix of sweat and sunblock underneath and gave me a horrible itchy red ring of eczema or something underneath.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I have the velcro one, too. I had one of the silicone adjustable ones and hated it...it would get a mix of sweat and sunblock underneath and gave me a horrible itchy red ring of eczema or something underneath.
    I have that problem with cheap flip-flops...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I'm sure it's not quite as likely to be found as the wrist one - but I have and like the ankle one. I bought the wrist band for the same ID, and can't wear the wrist one. I cannot possibly forget I'm wearing it, and it bugs me. On my ankle - I forget about it. And it's WAY better than nothing.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleOH View Post
    Thanks, Catrin. It looks like the metal wraps around the silicone...does it touch your skin?

And, everyone else, thanks for the info on the velcro bracelet. I wear a Livestrong bracelet (youth size fit much better than the adult size) and it doesn't bother me much in heat. I'll go one of those routes.
    I have the Road ID Slim. The metal doesn't go all the way around the band. It just sort of hooks over the edges, so you can pop it off and change bands if you want.

I hate anything too tight or hot on a ride, and this does not bother me at all. I don't even know it's there.

I really like the slim, and as Penny said, the metal doesn't go all around the band. It just slides on it so you can remove it to clean the band or to transfer it to another band that is color coordinated to your bike if you wish

I WILL say the slim is meant to fit snugly - and if it is the correct size then you can barely get it over your knuckles. Once it is actually on your wrist it isn't too tight at all.

I have the slim, in blue. Fits fine, I don't notice it. However, it looks like every other wristband--livestrong in yellow, komen in pink, etc. I wonder if an emergency worker will notice it as an ID or dismiss it as yet another "support this cause" bracelet. I may get a second one that is more obviously an ID.

Roo, I was just thinking the same thing the other day!

I have the slim in black and I wear it all the time.....on my bike, hiking, to the gym, on the motorcycle..... anywhere I may not readily have ID on me. I think the black looks obvious enough to not be confused for a "cause" bracelet. The metal does wrap the edges slightly so metal does contact your skin a little. I have a size small band which is snug going on but fits perfectly when on. I LOVE my RoadID!!