Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking finally found a great bike shop in portland oregon

To disable ads, please log-in.

as you all know, i crashed a few weeks ago on a lbs sponsored ride. the front wheel was a little wobbly, so i decided to take it to the same place that sponsored the ride. what an experience. real bike geeks, it was lovely. i was treated like a queen!! lots of smiles, and when i told them i wrecked, all of them asked how "I" was doing. i showed off my bruises, men dig scars on chicks.

anyhoo, the mechanic that looked at the bike has been at this lbs for 15 years. he was really cool, let me come in the back and watch as he checked my baby out. he was very honest, and didn't jerk me around. got the front wheel trued. she got away with not much damage.

i get a phone call later and he says there is "side to side" play in the rear hub. oh crap!! not supposed to happen. he told me this is a manufacturers defect,and he can't get the part. he even took it apart and tried to adjust it.i now have to take it back to Performance and show them my wobbly hub. he told me exactly what to say, and told me if they think it's no big deal, then they are full of s%$#. well, the performance store is right next door to my new lbs. i take it in, they give me a brand new wheel off the new model!!!

after being long winded my point is: i now have a place i trust to take care of my two wheeled partner. AND A SERIOUS UNTAPPED DATING MARKET. all those bike geeks are fabulous. so many velo hotties and so little excuses to visit the lbs again!!

sounds like you'll just have come up with an excuse!! LOL

glad you found a trusty LBS!

beanie