Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

If you do end up using Vaseline, it will wash out of your shorts just fine. I've used it over last summer and, yes, it wears off as you ride, so you don't have much to clean off yourself at the end. But I also heard what RoadRaven said - petroleum molecules actually draw moisture out of the skin, so it's functioning more as a protective barrier and lubricant against what the chamois can do to you than sealing in whatever natural lubricant your skin has. You'll probably have to plan several "slather" stops on long rides! You poor girl - ouch!!

Thanks Doc your your views. My doctor has suggested I douche with straight buttermilk, nothing else, in an attempt to replace the "good" bacteria in my vaginal canal. when she did a cytology of the flora in my canal she found none as a result of my use of antibiotics over time for lung and sinus infections. I eat yogurt on a daily basis as well as take acidolophilus tablets every day. When I asked why these were not working my doctor told me they do great things for my digestive tract but the "good" bacteria never leaves my gut and makes it way to my vaginal canal. She feels that two things will hopefully come from this treatment, one the repleshiment of the good stuff as well as keeping the pH balanced thus warding off future yeast infections. I've not started this course of my treatment for I still have a coupld of days left to use the Vagifem tablets in an attempt to prompt the regrowth of healthier/thicker tissues within the canal.

I have an appointment to see her next week to see how things are progressing and to ask a lot of questions about using my birth control pills in conjunction with the estrogen tablets.