Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am also not a beer drinker very often but I am a huge fan of the new gastropubs that are popping up everywhere and this is one of the beers I do get when I go to one. I love it!

Beer - a popular topic! It's nice to see that there is good recognition for Michigan Breweries and I do enjoy Bells Oberon and Ann Arbor Brewing Company beers too. However I, like Owlie, unabashadly admit that I think Bud Light is also a beer and it's my usual go-to beer. I'm more of a wine afficiando but an icy cold beer is hard to resist on a hot summer day. Or other days too.

Last summer while vacationing along Michigan's western coast of Lake Michigan I visited Round Barn Winery and found they had a brewery, this came home with me - their Kölsch Style beer. It was pretty good.

Ah, so much beer and wine and so little time...
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

I am also not too much of a beer drinker, much prefer wine, but when I do imbibe in a beer, I generally prefer craft ales or dark brews. I DO like Fat Tire and it IS a cool label!

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

If you're new to beer and haven't cared for it in the past, but somehow find yourself in a situation where you HAVE to try one, I would recommend a Kolsch style like Bike writer said. Very drinkable, yet has enough character as to not offend the beer snobs. New Holland makes a nice one.

Not all who wander are lost

Ha, logged onto FaceBook today and my local party store announced that they have Fat Tire Beer! Gotta go get some. Thanks for the good reviews on it.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Off subject, to an extent - but if any of you love beer enough that you'll be in Denver for the Great American Beer Festival, please let me know! I'm working again this year and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens