Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Yeaah waiting for my new Tubus carriers

To disable ads, please log-in.

I´ve been commuting to work 3-4 days a week for about 4 months now. The distance is about 10-12 miles pr day and I absolutely love it. There´s nothing better than air and beautiful surroundings after a good nights sleep or after a long day at work.

I bought Ortlieb Backroller Classic panniers yesterday - they´re so fine But my two Tubus carriers have not arrived from Germany yet. Hope arrival day will be tomorrow, since I´m waiting anxiously like a little child

The commute will be so much better without a Deuter pack on my back. Farewell to back pains and a sweaty back

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    You'll LOVE not having something on your back. You have to post pics of the bike with it's new accessories. Yay!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    You'll LOVE not having something on your back. You have to post pics of the bike with it's new accessories. Yay!!!
    That´s a deal

My boyfriend gave me fine new wheels in advance for my upcoming birthday DT SWISS rims and hubs instead of the crappy wheel set I bought a couple of months ago.

Looking forward to my commute tomorrow morning *LOL* I loooove my Kona, she´s up for everything
    Last edited by Devold; 08-26-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Which racks did you go with? I'm in the market for a front rack and people seem to like the Tubus brand. Can't wait to see pictures and hear a report!
    Trek 7.2 FX w/ B68 - commuter

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyLady View Post
    Which racks did you go with? I'm in the market for a front rack and people seem to like the Tubus brand. Can't wait to see pictures and hear a report!
    I bought rear racks. My better half speaks highly of Tubus.

I chose The Tubus Logo Evo http://tubus.com/product.php?xn=26

I drooled over the titanium models, but they´re quite expensive, too expensive unfortunately

The Logo Evo is a new model of the popular Logo. The smart thing about the Logo Evo is the two horizontal rails. You can put your panniers on the lower rail. It helps prevent your heels touching the panniers and helps stabilize your bicycle, when you´re on the go

The package did not arrive today

Congrats on the Ortliebs! I have the backroller classics as well and LOVE them tremendously. After communting with carry-on-body bags for the last 15 years, I finally broke down and bought panniers. It is almost unbelievable how much I love them. They are plain black, but I have been looking at designs to spruce them up.

However, I am still not over the "oh my, I must be forgetting something" feeling because of the lack of uncomfortable weight NOT hanging off my person.
    commuter: a Giant Sedona '97
    road: Giant OCR c3 '08 | 105/Ultegra
    lusting a Sweet Pea A-line for when DH sweeps me out to sea

Quote Originally Posted by ak2outside View Post
    Congrats on the Ortliebs! I have the backroller classics as well and LOVE them tremendously. After communting with carry-on-body bags for the last 15 years, I finally broke down and bought panniers. It is almost unbelievable how much I love them. They are plain black, but I have been looking at designs to spruce them up.

However, I am still not over the "oh my, I must be forgetting something" feeling because of the lack of uncomfortable weight NOT hanging off my person.
    It's the same experience I have I kept looking over my shoulder, because I thought my heavy loaded panniers were dropped on my commute

It happened yesterday

There were unfortunately some problems with the mounting on my Kona because of the discs and the framework build. My man is working on a solution.

But he did put one of the racks on my second commuter bike (the low-end bike) I felt like in heaven on my 17 miles trip. It was surprisingly easy to ride despite very heavy luggage I took a longer way home

The only negative is that the bike is very heavy to carry, when I need to get on the train. But I took one of the bags and carried over the shoulder. Normally, however, it will not be a problem. It is only a few days a week, I bring lots of gear with me on my commute.

And now the pics

Last edited by Devold; 09-01-2012 at 12:36 AM.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Fabulous!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I love my Tubus rack. I did get the titanium one for my titanium bike; DH was emphatic we had to have Tubus.
    My pannier is nothing fancy, but the rack looks great. It also fits well with my Arkel top bag (which I don't really like, but, I know others love. I find it changes my balance on the bike in a way the pannier doesn't).
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyLady View Post
    consider the tubus tara or the tubus duo, they are both low riders which is nice for panniers. I have a Nitto front rack - the M12 and love it because it is very light weight but it doesn't hold panniers so I put the duo's on for touring.
    Racktime is another one to consider (made by Tubus) the topit is pretty nice.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

The second Tubus rack is now on my fabulous Kona My boyfriend is so talented

But I haven't biked on it yet. My better half is working on my bike, he's started a big service on the bike. Meanwhile I had some spare time and I (oops ) ordered a bunch of bike stuff My order contains a set of Schwalbe Marathon Supremes folding tyres in 37-622, woooooop wooooop And some wool bra's and wool socks, helmet rain cover, a flat bar, shoe covers, rear and front lights etc etc etc

It's too expensive to own a computer nowadays

I will post some pics of my second commuter with Ortliebs on it, when the bike is "bike able" again

My Kona is resurrected She's got new DT Swiss wheels, a new Tubus rack and new Marathon Supreme tires. She's fab

I haven't biked her yet though But I anxiously await, we still need to make some minor changes

Isn't she beautiful?