Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: relocating!!

Hybrid View

relocating!!

So excited! DF(dear fiance) got a new job in Thornton and they are covering all relocation costs

but... we have to be there for a 9/4 start date- so need to find a place to live ASAP and I need to find a job once we get there.

but yay- moving back to colorado

If anyone has a good source out there for rentals,let me know(we have 2 dogs, so looking for a townhouse or a house with a fenced in yard but not looking to spend a fortune) and stay between Thorton and Erie. Looks like we are going to have to be brave and sign a lease sight unseen due to moving company having to meet us with our possessions.

I don't have any suggestions on rental homes but wanted to say welcome back to CO. I think that this is the absolute best place in the country to live. The only thing that CO is missing is an ocean but we've got everything else!
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Maybe a real estate agent could help?

Just a general thought, can't give you any suggestions for who to use. But real estate agents do help with rentals as well as properties to purchase.
    Beth

Thornton to Erie is a pretty big stretch. If he'll need to be driving on I-25 to commute, you'll probably want to be as close to the job location as possible...that stretch of highway gets clogged up pretty badly.

I'd also say to look for a realtor - the lady I bought my house from manages properties as well as selling them. She doesn't have any in that area though (she tends to specialize more in the furnished student apartment area)

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Great Denver area bike trails start up in Thornton! And they're in the process of extending my east Boulder County trail system out to Erie, welcome aboard! I live in Louisville and work on the east side of Boulder (bike commuting 7 miles 1-way) and some of my co-workers drive in from Thornton, it is a longish commute but doable. A ton of them live in Erie. When we first moved here in '91 and my husband worked at 120th and Pecos we rented in Westminster for 9 months til we figured out where we wanted to live, so I think your plan is a good one.

Don't overlook Craigslist. A quick look at the Denver slice in the apts/housing section, searching on Thornton, turns up a bunch.

But since you're jobhunting, ehirsch of Winter Park, tell us about yourself if you're willing. Or feel free to link to me on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/marciarodney

Congrats, ehirsch! I'm moving to Denver myself and will be there this Thursday. We should have a TE meetup for all the locals
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN