Sunday, September 16th (one month from today!) I’m riding my first century in the 8th Annual Tour De Pink. This charity ride helps raise money for the Pink Ribbon Project which supports the mission to fight breast cancer through awareness and education outreach initiatives and the support of proper screening for the medically under served and under insured population in the Greater Houston Area.

Doing a century is amazing to me as in 2008 I was banned by my doctors from riding my road bike. I have a rare auto immune disorder, called ITP, that made any sort of crash potentially fatal. Luckily last year after several differnt treatments that included surgery and chemo I went into remission and was given the all clear to ride again. I celebrate every time I get on my bike!

This cause is especially important to me as just this year a very close friend was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Please consider supporting me and this great charity by donating at http://www.tourdepink.org/goto/MeganKay every amount, no matter how small helps! Don't forget to take advantage of any matching programs your employer offers.