Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Cathrin, I hate to break it to you but that video is terrible! So many of them are there awful home jobs! They crack me up they are so bad! He couldn't even get the lawn chairs out of the background. Nothing against you: I know how many you have to look at to find the exercise you are to illustrate.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Cathrin, I hate to break it to you but that video is terrible! So many of them are there awful home jobs! They crack me up they are so bad! He couldn't even get the lawn chairs out of the background. Nothing against you: I know how many you have to look at to find the exercise you are to illustrate.

I know it is, but it was the only one I could find that shows that movement from the side...

We could always start a TE Best of the Worst Award for the worst exercise video

We have officially changed the "100 day Burpee challenge" to a "50 day Burpee challenge" and ended it. On top of everything else most of us had fallen too far in the hole to catch up.

Certainly there's no shame in the reduction. One hundred sounded really ambitious to me, especially when you consider that the people accepting the challenge are already working out on an almost daily basis anyway.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Certainly there's no shame in the reduction. One hundred sounded really ambitious to me, especially when you consider that the people accepting the challenge are already working out on an almost daily basis anyway.

We knew we were pushing the package when we took it on Our trainer has us do burpees all the time anyway, so we are far from being "burpeeless". I just really hope he doesn't think about having us do a burpee tabata - that would be truly evil. Fun, but evil. A tabata = any whole body/high intensity exercise at full speed for 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Repeat that cycle for 8 rounds which = 4 minutes. Those 4 minutes can get very, very long...but is a fantastic way to finish off a good workout. Actually, that would be an interesting challenge to do, hmmm.

Ugh. My trainder has me do stuff like that every couple of weeks. They kill me. I never knew they were called "tabatas" though. I've learned a lot in this thread!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Ugh. My trainder has me do stuff like that every couple of weeks. They kill me. I never knew they were called "tabatas" though. I've learned a lot in this thread!
    I didn't either until a short time ago, they are great for metabolic conditioning. Yesterday morning we "got" to drag a tire about 50 meters or so just using two 12-pound hammers. Multiple times - this wasn't the really BIG tire that weighs over 300 pounds, but I am pretty sure it weighs well over 100. Pretty much focuses on quad strength and really gets that heart rate up there - it was fun though! I must be a sick, sick woman to consider such things fun