Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Timex Marathon GPS or Garmin Forerunner 110?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I want some sort of a GPS watch for running. I've read a few reviews on the Timex Marathon GPS, $100, no frills watch, just the basics, plus waterproof(to 30m) and the Garmin Forerunner 110, about $199, not waterproof, but can upload data. I kind of like this feature, but at $100 more, don't know if its worth it. I can always just keep track of my runs my(the only fashion way, writing them down) or maybe theres an online site I can use. Any thoughts on either of these watches? I'd like to keep my budget to $250 tops. I'm pretty sure I just need the basics, distance, pace, calories. As a new runner, I'm not sure what else is important. I appreciate your input. Thank you inadvance.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

The hubs has the marathon and I have the 110. His is easier to charge, mine uploads data. I like mine better. I have had it for about a year and aside from being a pain to charge I really like it.

Thanks rocknrollgirl. I think I like the Garmin Forerunner 110 better too. I looked at the Garmin Forerunner 210, also alot of great features, I think the Garmin 110 is it.
    2006 Trek 7100

I have a 210, my mom has a 110. We both use it for everything. I love to upload data and compare runs, laps, sections, etc! I wear mine on my bike too
    2005 Specialized Roubaix

I have the 210 - I use it for everything - walking, running, biking etc.

I just ordered a Garmin Forerunner 110 in grey/pink from Amazon $149. Thanks for all feedback
    2006 Trek 7100

New Garmin Forerunner 110W

My new Garmin Forerunner 110W just arrived. Love the grey/pink color. I didn't realize this one came with the heart rate monitor strap. Can't wait to try it out, plus I can use it on the bike with the Garmin handlebar mount. Thanks for the feedback on choosing a GPS watch.
    2006 Trek 7100

Love my Garmin Forerunner 110W, but

I love my Garmin Forerunner 110W so far, have only used it about 2 1/2 weeks. The only thing I don't like is its a little difficult to charge, you use to get the clip just right and deleting runs/activity off of the watch itself. I would still buy it again, its simple to use and the upload is user friendly and acturate.
    2006 Trek 7100