Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

To disable ads, please log-in.

my *running* lately on the trails has been a blistering 16 min/mile. On the road it's a whopping 13-14 min/miles. Really?? I could almost walk that fast. I run 2 min, walk 1 min to keep my HR from getting up to and staying in the high 170's when it's this hot.

It will be over, soon, and then I will become fast again (well, fastER)
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Had plans to get up early and run before the first day back to school, but we are getting pounded by leftover Isaac so instead I have been up half the night with the house shaking.
    It makes my heart go out to those that got the full impact of the storm.

I will try again later...
    Last edited by rocknrollgirl; 09-04-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Autumn is here. Ran 40 minutes to work this morning in cool rain... wet shoes drying downstairs as I type. Nice, in it's way.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I ended up getting part of my run in yesterday. I had an interval workout to do and mde it about 3/4 of the way through between rounds of storms. I could hear thunder off in the distance and was trying to outrun it. Come to find out it was a tornado warning. In NJ. Go figure.

I'm a cold weather runner. While I can sort of adjust to riding in the heat, I can't seem to get past 70 or so degrees with running. In light of that, I hadn't gone for a run since Good Friday, if memory serves. It's been a crazy hot summer....

But I started dipping my toe in the water again over the last few days. I ran 2 miles on last Friday and again yesterday on the dreadmill. I've continued to battle some occasional hamstring and hip pain over the summer, so as modest at 2 miles sounds, I was pleased that nothing hurt too badly. Given those issues, I don't aspire to much more than 4-5 miles a few times a week, but I hope I'm off to a good start.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher