Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Pedal Pittsburgh 2012

To disable ads, please log-in.

I did my first Pedal Pittsburgh ride this morning-- the city tour, 27mi. The heat/humidity during the first 15 miles was just brutal. The skies opened up around mile 15, and there was heavy/steady rain for the remainder of the ride, which was welcome after the humid first part. Other than visibility concerns as we rode through downtown and some heavily trafficked areas in the downpour, it was a great ride. I did, however, find "road grit" just about everywhere during my fabulous post-ride hot shower!

I'm kind of disappointed that there was no ride t-shirt this year (change in management) because I feel like I earned it this morning!

Here's the route/elevation (not mine):
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/117254725

I rode that a couple years ago and had a blast. (still had the t-shirts then). I had hoped to get home to ride again this year but I didn't manage to do so.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!