Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Wild Goose Chase 2012

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/2012-Wild-Goose-Chase

Hi there Mid-Atlantic Ladies! Is anyone doing this tour or possibly interested? It sounds fantastic. A couple of ladies I know have done it and really enjoyed it. Anyway, just thought I would share the information.

My sister and I came out from California to do this ride a couple of years ago. We hadn't been to this part of Maryland before. We had a blast. The Blackwater refuge is just beautiful.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-25-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike

It's on my calendar to do this year!
    Specialized Ruby Elite Compact
    Trek 7.3 FX

I just signed up for it. It'll be my first time doing it and I'll be driving down from NJ. Really looking forward to it.

YAY! I'm going to register in a couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelygamer View Post
    YAY! I'm going to register in a couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to it.
    I think this ride sells out every year. If they limit the number of riders, it's best to register now rather than wait.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I think this ride sells out every year. If they limit the number of riders, it's best to register now rather than wait.
    Does it? Thank you for the tip!

I tried to book a room for it yesterday at the recommended hotels, and all the rooms were sold out! I'm staying 30 miles away. I'll look at it as a positive- the ride is popular enough to draw a good crowd!

Anyone know if there is a place for RV's? I might go if my rv wouldn't be inconvenient.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiet0802 View Post
    I tried to book a room for it yesterday at the recommended hotels, and all the rooms were sold out! I'm staying 30 miles away. I'll look at it as a positive- the ride is popular enough to draw a good crowd!
    YAY! Are you staying in Easton or Salisbury? I'm in Salisbury.

I will be riding over there on Saturday just because it's beautiful there in the fall. But I have other events Sat evening and Sun afternoon so I have not signed up for the official ride. If there is time, I'll check out the tent sale as well but I'm usually much too impatient to sift through those bins for bargains.

Withm, I might do the same as you. It' turns out I'm not ready for a real tour or anything over 20 miles. I just did get a new saddle and it's killing me. My bike is also still too short for me and bugging my knees. I hope I can get a new bike later this year. I'm so tired of these fit issues.

The Wild Goose Chase was yesterday. Did anyone go?

I did ride about 30 miles in that area on Saturday. Lots of cyclists there despite the 38o temps in the morning when we started out! I stopped counting bald eagles after 10, including 2-3 immature eagles, perhaps a Golden Eagle, an unidentified hawk, about 50 Great Blue Herons, many egrets, a few turtles, and lots of ducks - but I'm not up on duck ID. Oh, yeah, lots of flying rats (Canada Geese). A few yellow legged sand piperery birds. Beautiful day. I think Sunday may have been a bit windy over there. No fall color yet - so I'll have to go back in a few weeks and do it again.