Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welcome to TE and congrats on your weightloss.

I love the Trek financing package and I really prefer Treks to other brands after riding a few. It's definitely a personal preference, though. I love road bikes and always have. I don't think I would ever own something else. I even commuted on road bikes and will again soon. As for buying a flat bar, that could be an option. Bikes that are well-made hold their value - especially small women's bikes. I sold a gently used Giant this Spring that I was using for commutes (or commutes I gave up on). In the end because someone wanted it so much, I sold it within a week for $20.00 more than I paid for it because this lady knew exactly what bike she wanted and she was willing to offer to pay more for me to hold it until she could drive two hours to pick it up.

You definitely can get money for small bikes - they don't depreciate that quickly.
    ***proud Hoosier, statistics nerd, and mom to a headstrong toddler***
    ****one car family and loving it!****

Owned by:
    Le Monstre Vert - 2013 Surly Cross-check
    Chessie, Scottish Terrier
    Bonzai, Catahoula Leopard Dog

I ended up putting a Trek 820 wsd on layaway. My partner really wanted something we could ride on the dirt trails at the state and local parks. Next spring when I have more money I plan on getting a road bike. I should have the 820 out by Sept. It's too hot here in Houston to be outside right now, but by Sept it should be a little more reasonable.

Silly question, but is there any place online where I can read about how to properly shift gears? I know that sounds silly, but last time I had a bike gears were totally different.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Silly question, but is there any place online where I can read about how to properly shift gears? I know that sounds silly, but last time I had a bike gears were totally different.
    Are you asking about how to use your shifters or how to best make use of the various gears via the various chainring and cog combinations?

Georgena has a pretty good video explaining the later.
    http://youtu.be/1AeNLTQvFN4
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Are you asking about how to use your shifters or how to best make use of the various gears via the various chainring and cog combinations?

Georgena has a pretty good video explaining the later.
    http://youtu.be/1AeNLTQvFN4
    That's exactly what I need. The guy at the store explained the mechanics. He said the gear on the left would mostly stay on 2 here in Houston, but that's all he said.
    2013 Electra Verse

Watched the video. I now need gears for dummies :-)
    2013 Electra Verse