Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

wedding guest...

To disable ads, please log-in.

So after many years of my friends not getting married, I have two to go to in the next few months.... and I am in a dilemma about what to wear.... the first one will be pretty informal and I'm not as worried about that one, the second is at 4pm and my husband will be best man. I was thinking about getting this dress - what do you think - good for a wedding? (it's not black under the embroidery, but dark gray)

"Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I think it's beautiful!!! Love the detailing and the little pink touches.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I have tiny girls (barely fill a 34A)... I'm most worried about not actually filling in the structure completely... that can look bad if the chest is poochy - but I emailed the seller and she seemed to think I'd be OK - I gave her my chest measurement and bra size and her reply was if the bra wasn't padded I'd be OK - so it must be pretty small in the chest.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

I love it, except for the bows...to me they scream "hey, look at my bewbs!!!"
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    That made me giggle
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    That may be intentional since no one usually stares at little bittys like mine

I might just pull the trigger on this one. I think it's formal enough, without being too fancy or fussy (no shiny, no frilly, no chiffon) and I don't think it will look too much like the bridesmaids who will all be wearing different versions of the little black dress.

That is very cute. I'd lose the bows also, and instead go with a wide pink (matching) Satin ribbon tied in a bow at the waist.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Lovely dress! Yes, I have same problem of a small bust and alot of lower scoop necklines just don't fit me well. Part of problem is not just boobies, but the reality that my bone structure circumference is just small. The shoulder of the dress tends to fall off my arm: dress is often cut too wide for me...even if I got implants.

And she says that a padded bra would be a problem? Well, some padded bras are ridiculously padded, that's for sure.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

HOw about untying the bows and criss-crossing them down to the waist? Although, on a petite woman, the bows could be adorable.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

They don't really bother me much. I'm pretty flat chested, especially when squished in a bodiced dress, so I don't think they'd be hanging down looking like pastie tassels...... Tying then across the front is an intriguing idea if they untie. I don't think I'd want to do anything permanent. The dress is vintage and I think I'd want to preserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    ...so I don't think they'd be hanging down looking like pastie tassels.....
    I just spit water on my computer! LOL

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

I decided to go for it. I was captivated by it from the moment I saw it and if it really doesn't fit, I'd make a bet it will hold its value just fine and not be too hard to find someone else to love it.

yay!! Now you need to post a picture of it on you (a real body) when it arrives!

Where did you find this lovely dress, BTW?

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)

I love the dress just the way it is. On a petite woman (I think you are or at least very slim) it would look adorable. Perfect for the wedding you're describing.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    yay!! Now you need to post a picture of it on you (a real body) when it arrives!

Where did you find this lovely dress, BTW?
    On Etsy, it's a 50's vintage dress that appears unworn or at least very lightly worn and very well cared for. It's probably very much one of a kind - no store lable, just a name tag as though it was tailored or home sewn. There's surprisingly a lot of wearable vintage out there, though finding your size can be a challenge. I bought a 30's/40's era one (seller isn't positive of the age) too just for fun and because it was cheap $36!
    Last edited by Eden; 07-18-2012 at 03:06 PM.