Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

i think i get spoiled by rides that have TOO MANY stops!

there are a couple i did last year that i WILL remember to either have food at the start cuz the 1st one was too far! or carry extra from the stops! i hate being hungry between stops! i've never bonked yet... *knock on wood* and i don't want there to be a first time!

Quote Originally Posted by sulis
    How fun is this? I'm working on my schedule for this year and thought I would post on te to see if anyone had done the RRH. Well low and behold, you are already discussing it and planning trips from all over the west. So it must be a great race if ya'll are willing to make a weekend trip for it.
    Long story short, thanks to your pure enthusiasm I will register for this one as soon as it becomes open. Sounds like so much fun.

I'm not as experienced to the cycling world here in Utah as it sounds like Yellow is (I'm new to cycling, still learning to clip in without freaking out.) But since I am local, I'll be happy to offer any info as much as I can. So feel free to ask away and if I don't know, I'll try to find out.
    Look forward to meeting you in Utah.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

When is this ride????
    I remember some friends from here told me they rode it last year and mentioned doing it again. I'll have to see if I can go along with them. SLC is only 4 hrs from here.

Surlypacer, go back to post #22 for the date and a link to the club's website. They have last year's info on the site still.

Are your friends' local? Could they help out with local info for poor yellow is doing all this scouting for us? Fortunately, Sulis magically appeared.

Add your name to the list on bikejournal so we can keep track of the group. The more the merrier!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Add your name to the list on bikejournal so we can keep track of the group. The more the merrier!
    couldn't find the list, please help direct me to the right spot. I have the same screen name over there....
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

So, the mojitos were the kicker, huh? We might need to bring our own booze to Utah.

On bikejournal,
    - on the blue horizontal menu barm click on "rides"
    - click on "view rides"
    - all the rides for your home state will be listed
    - change query to "Utah"
    - all rides Utah rides will show up PLUS any rides you have already joined.
    - click on ride
    - click "join ride"

Let me know if I need to edit the instructions so others can use them.

I'm such a dope! I read through this entire thread, getting more and more excited, until realizing just a second ago that

WAIT A MINUTE - I CAN'T DO THIS RIDE - I'M RIDING FROM SF TO LA THAT WEEKEND!!!

*Sound of hand smacking forehead*

Oh well, you guys will have a blast!

Mojitos? Yummm!

Bummer! Hope you didn't give yourself whiplash.

Yeah - it kinda stings!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    I'm such a dope! I read through this entire thread, getting more and more excited, until realizing just a second ago that

WAIT A MINUTE - I CAN'T DO THIS RIDE - I'M RIDING FROM SF TO LA THAT WEEKEND!!!

*Sound of hand smacking forehead*

Oh well, you guys will have a blast!

Mojitos? Yummm!
    What sort of excuse is that? Hee Hee only joking, sorry that we wont see you there. I hope you have a fun and safe ride from SF to LA.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

So, the mojitos were the kicker, huh? We might need to bring our own booze to Utah..
    mmmmm, now if only I can make a decision about when/where for my summer tour, then I can commit to this ride at the beginning of June. The road trip sounds like a blast!

On bikejournal,....Let me know if I need to edit the instructions so others can use them.
    the directions were superb. Thanks!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

oh geez - I am the only one on that list with a 0 next to my name. This is a sign that I will have to start logging miles?!

I need a freaking secretary!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

off topic:

do spin miles count?

sheez - it is already starting.......
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Cindy, calm down, take a deep breath. We know how busy you are. Geez, you are superwoman when I take a look at all the stuff you do.

In your bj profile, you choose whether you want indoor miles to be included. I include them because it's part of my exercise routine. You can do anything you want. I assume you are going to make "comments" public say we can say all kinds of things about you?

one last comment then back on topic:

anybody: How many miles would you say a 1 hour advanced spin class would cover?

I'm going to move this over to the spinning forum, but curious what y'all think

I assume you are going to make "comments" public say we can say all kinds of things about you?
    yes, LOL, comment away......
    Last edited by cindysue; 01-10-2006 at 09:23 PM.
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix