Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

And.......it's quite easy to ship a bike on Amtrak. That's how I got home after the AIDS ride. Box it up, put it in baggage (Amtrak has boxes)

I call a place for my bike in the Bubbamobile! I'll have to fly since I can't take that much time off from work - especially that late in the school year.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I call a place for my bike in the Bubbamobile! I'll have to fly since I can't take that much time off from work - especially that late in the school year.

V.
    1 spot reserved for Fluffy.

I have to get Bubba motivated to get the trailer figured out. We hauling your bikes to Moab also? April is not that far away.

Yes, we're hoping you're taking our bikes and gear to Utah. We need to make plane reservations for that this weekend too.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Bubba's Bike and Gear Hauling, at your service.

Ok, back to the LLRH.

Can I/We Come Too!?

I loved reading about the ride when Sadiekate posted earlier this year. Daughter and I talked about maybe going this year. We can drive down in a day and a half. We talked about camping as well. So can a couple of northern girls crash the party? Would it help that I'm a Californian born and bred? And, the daughter was born there too!

The more the merrier! Maybe we should get a list going and whether a hotel room is needed. Perhaps, miss yellow will sleuth for some group hotel digs or ask about camping. She's working on her contacts. Has anyone looked at the MS Society site yet?

Sarah and Bubba - Hotel MIL
    Yellow - her own digs
    Veronica
    BikerHen and daughter - need camping info
    Cali - needs camping info with someplace that takes dogs and hubbies
    TrekHawk?
    Snap?
    Jo?
    Kim - hotel (flying or driving)
    Marty and her son's SO - probably hotel

Who else?

The club still has last year's info up but they do state that this year it will be on June 3, 2006. 30, 62 and 100 mile options.
    http://www.bbtc.net/Calendar/index.htm
    Last edited by SadieKate; 01-06-2006 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    I loved reading about the ride when Sadiekate posted earlier this year. Daughter and I talked about maybe going this year. We can drive down in a day and a half. We talked about camping as well. So can a couple of northern girls crash the party? Would it help that I'm a Californian born and bred? And, the daughter was born there too!
    That would be good if you could both make it. I remember we talked about riding the Moonlight Magic but Im afraid I wont be able to make that ride this year (not good timing for me I have visiting relatives from Aust) so it would be great to catch up in Utah. Now all I have to hope is that Husband will be home and things will be looking sweet.

Does anyone know what accommodation is like out near the ride?
    Im sure I will need to stay in a hotel or something with a decent bed if this newbie is to manage a ride of that distance and for after when my body decides its time to crash after 100 MILES (OMG my brain is still saying you know thats around 160 KMS are you mad).
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Trekhawk, I feel your pain at the thought of a century. I'm right there with you! But I'm starting my training now! I'm on the trainer every day, and am outside riding when weather and work permit. I still have a long way to go but I am going to do a century this year !!!!!

Daughter thinks she is still going to be in school that early in June, so I maybe coming solo. Anyone between Spokane and Utah want to come along?

I'd really like to do the ride, even though it does conflict with the Sierra Century. Since I didn't meet one of my yearly goals last year -- the one about doing at least one out-of-state ride every year -- I think I have to get off my butt and plan something, and LRRH sounds like fun. I'll do the hotel thing, but don't know whether I'll fly or drive to Yewtah.

Heck, it'll give you TWO states! Yewtah and Whydaho.

And you'll trade Slug Gulch for 3.2 beer!
    Last edited by SadieKate; 01-06-2006 at 09:03 PM.

3.2!? I remember there were a few breweries in SLC - Squatters and ... ? Must be more after all these years. Will I have to bring my own beer? -- then I'll need some space in the Bike Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    Im sure I will need to stay in a hotel or something with a decent bed if this newbie is to manage a ride of that distance and for after when my body decides its time to crash after 100 MILES (OMG my brain is still saying you know thats around 160 KMS are you mad).
    That's why I like metric, it sounds much more impressive.

I'm thinking this could be a blast. I could be talked into it (as if I wasn't already).

I'd stay at a hotel too, so maybe we could put our heads together and find something. Yoo hoo, Snap?

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    That's why I like metric, it sounds much more impressive.

I'm thinking this could be a blast. I could be talked into it (as if I wasn't already).

I'd stay at a hotel too, so maybe we could put our heads together and find something. Yoo hoo, Snap?
    Cool if you girls find out some info let me know. Im still trying to work out exactly where this is in Utah. Time for this geography challenged Aussie to log off and visit mapquest.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    My gosh! Haven't you all been chatty about this while I've been off otherwise keeping busy.

What fun we will have! I would be happy to look in to lodging options. If it's looking like you can go/are going, PM me and let me know (1) your lodging choice (i.e., camping or motel/hoteling) and (2) how many nights you might need such accommodation. And I'll do some sleuthing and see what's available between here (Salt Lake) and Wellsville that might be suitable.

Cali--you need to make a trip of it and do some mtn biking in southern UT since you'd be driving through there anyhow (there are some higher elev areas there that will still be realtively cool at that time of year). Could you haul road bikes and mt bikes and hubby and dog?

Re: beer....well, yes, most of it's 3.2, but there are several breweries in/around SLC that offer some tasty bevs (some of which I believe are full strength....we're still deciphering the liquor laws) and food. I look at it this way: at 3.2, I can sample more! In addition to Red Rock there is Squatters--which also has brewed-right-there root beer, martini-type drinks (as long as you also order food...can't have them at the "bar" ), and a cool four-person tandem hanging in the dining room-- and Desert Edge Brewery (which doesn't have a website), which is our fave. And there is the Bohemian, which has the best Vienna lager around. And I think Uinta has a taproom too but we haven't been there yet. So much beer, so little money.