Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Yay! More new friends for Little Red!

To disable ads, please log-in.

You will LOVE Little Red. I did it last year as my very first organized ride. BBTC does a terrific job marking the course, the weather was perfect and the rest stops were terrific. It starts and stops in Wellsville's park, which is a really cute, restful place. The guys dressed up as wolves are funny too (at least one rides the course "chasing" all of us "little reds").

I am a very slow rider who did the 35 mile option last year. I am going to do the metric century this year, so I hope I can be added to "your group". I have other friends in the area who will be coming with me. Some will go the 100 miles, others less.

Lodging: I stayed in Logan at the Days Inn the night before. It wasn't spectacular, but it was clean and I slept well. It appears to be full right now so I am off to a Super 8, Ramada Limited, Hampton Inn, Crystal Inn, Comfort Inn or the Utah State University Inn. There appear to be lots of choices, in many price ranges.

A drive from SLC to Logan that morning wouldn't be too bad, but I would rather be in Logan and drive the 15 minutes or so to the start. It would be worth it to me to stay in Logan.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if I can be of help.
    Last edited by Lifesgreat; 01-11-2006 at 06:23 PM.

Do we need to make reservations now?

Hi Lifesgreat, I'm coming down from Spokane, WA and was planning to stay in Logan. Are the hotel reservations starting to fill now for the ride weekend? If so I guess I'd better make mine soon. Can you list what's in town? I did a little online research but didn't see all the hotels you named. Would love some input. I'll have to put all you Utah girls on my "buy a drink list!"

If anyones interested in sharing a room let me know. Bikerhen

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    Hi Lifesgreat, I'm coming down from Spokane, WA and was planning to stay in Logan. Are the hotel reservations starting to fill now for the ride weekend? If so I guess I'd better make mine soon. Can you list what's in town? I did a little online research but didn't see all the hotels you named. Would love some input. I'll have to put all you Utah girls on my "buy a drink list!"

If anyones interested in sharing a room let me know. Bikerhen
    Hmm sounds like we better get booking. Im with Bikerhen if you could list some hotels near the start that would be great. My husband thinks he will probably come with the kids so I will need to book a couple of rooms I guess.

Jobob - if my husband decides he is definitely coming with the kids I will let you know as this means I will be unable to carpool as mine will be full of pesky children.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Bikerhen

I went to www.tripadvisor.com and did a search on "Logan, Utah" and got a list. Expedia had ones tripadvisor didn't have. I then Googled the individual names and got info. I don't know why the Days Inn is filled. Super 8, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, and Utah State University Inn had rooms-I didn't check the others.

I don't know how the reservations are filling up, but I am always one who reserves WAY in advance after carefully checking the cancellation policy. . .
    Last edited by Lifesgreat; 01-11-2006 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesgreat
    Bikerhen

I went to www.tripadvisor.com and did a search on "Logan, Utah" and got a list. I then Googled the individual names and got info. I don't know why the Days Inn is filled. Super 8, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, and Utah State University Inn had rooms-I didn't check the others.
    Lifesgreat - thanks for the link. I will check it out too.
    Amelia Earhart

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    I do have some things in the works so hold off just a tad on making your reservations.

I suspect that the Days Inn isn't actually full, but if that's close to graduation time, it could be. Usually motels only show a portion of their rooms online; in other words, there may be additional rooms available if you call.

But like I said, HOLD ON! I'm working on this (unless you want to stay some place apart from everyone else)!

Costumes

Last year, there was a sign saying the 2006 Little Red was going to have some type of costume thingy. Don't rush out and make your tech fabric cape yet as I think it would be good to wait until bbtc announces the details. Just wanted to tell you of that possibility.

Hmm, I don't remember this sign! On the other hand, I'm not the type to wear a costume for 100 miles so it just got lost in the open space between my ears. Anything that flaps drives me bonkers. I'm thrilled in the winter when I can stick my wind vest under a kodiak cycling jacket.

I liked the costumes the guys were wearing. The grass skirts were particularly "in the theme." I guess LLRH likes to vacation in a tropical oasis.

i thought some of the ladies in the ride pics had capes and stuff on? along the lines of the cinderella ride!

i think it's a cute idea... just not sure i'd want to wear a cape for 100 miles! especially if it was a windy day!

i noticed another ride promoting costumes.. the mardi gras ride in ventura!

I didn't see any costumes last year but there may have been. The 100 milers split off from everyone else fairly early and there were only 75 of us, so there wasn't a large sampling of riders to see. Oh, the roads were so crowded!

We did start to pick up metric riders at the end of the day, but I still didn't see any costumes. I want Bubba to "officially" volunteer so he can get a "Big and Bad" T-shirt.

hmmmmm maybe i'm remembering wrong then! maybe i'm confusing cinderella pics with LRRH pics?

big and bad men! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by yellow
    I do have some things in the works so hold off just a tad on making your reservations.

I suspect that the Days Inn isn't actually full, but if that's close to graduation time, it could be. Usually motels only show a portion of their rooms online; in other words, there may be additional rooms available if you call.

But like I said, HOLD ON! I'm working on this (unless you want to stay some place apart from everyone else)!
    Thanks Yellow I do appreciate your taking the time to look into this for us.
    I did hear whispers that the TE girls were a wild bunch so some place apart might be good (ONLY JOKING).
    Amelia Earhart

I wish I had gotten an upclose photo of the Big and Bad t-shirt. Maybe LifesGreat has one. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sadiek...pjIHDBDO6oabay

Digs together would be fun but as Hotel MIL is in SLC, the Bubbameister and I must stay there. The drive is easy, I don't have to repack luggage and it puts me closer to the fine food and drink of SLC (This latter comment is not a joke; SLC has great food.)

Go here and then click on the 2005 Little Red Riding Hood link for pictures. There is one pic of some guys in their "Big and Bad" shirts.

http://www.bbtc.net/Photos/index.htm

If for some reason the link doesn't work, go to www.bbtc.net, click on "Photos" on the left side and then find the 2005 LRRH ride.
    Last edited by Lifesgreat; 01-12-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesgreat
    There is one pic of some guys in their "Big and Bad" shirts.
    very cute!

VS needs some prince charming shirts...........
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix