Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

So sorry to hear the news Mimi.
    Beth

Tailwinds forever to Raleighdon :(

tears and sadness at hearing this news too...I'm so thankful to have enjoyed Raleighdon's wit and wisdom firsthand; what a wonderful man with such a love of life and for his Mimi and family...

I recommend many rides to honor Donald, with plenty of donuts and/or pie too!

Mary

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I'm very sorry to read of this Mimi. His cycling zest, strength and enthusiasm is an inspiration.

Don at the height of his randonneuring/long distance endurance cycling was quite impressive. He wanted to ride with Jack around in Seattle...but Jack at that time in Seattle, knew he wasn't totally in shape like Don.

And yea, the next day we found out Don just did a solo 200 kms. in a day.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I am so sad to read this. I'm so sorry, Mimi for you and your sons. He sounded like a wonderful man, and I'm sure he will be painfully missed by many. I hope you find the love, support and strength you need to get through this. We at TE care for you dearly and are here for you. Peace to you and to your family. Many hugs.

Kate
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Oh no...I am so very saddened by this news. Even though I've never met Mimi or Don, I felt like I knew them through Mimi's posts here. My deepest sympathies.

Cancer S U C K S the big one.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Mimi }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Oh ((((((((Mimi)))))))). I'm so very sorry.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

So sorry, Mimi. Will ride in his honor tomorrow
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Oh Mimi. I'm so sorry, for you and your sons. I never had the honor of meeting him, but from what I read here and elsewhere he sounded like a wonderful person.

Hugs is all I can offer. And unless there's a thunderstorm, I'll ride tomorrow in his honor.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

My condolences to you and your family Mimi!

Throughout the past 4 or so years I have been on these boards, I have come to feel as if you are both family(seems many others have been touched the same way by the both of you) and without ever meeting either of you , this news has brought tears to my eyes the same as when I found out of the passing of my own relatives.

I am glad that you got to have so many great years and experiences with him and that we got to be part of the last few years on here with you both.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mimi.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Mimi, I am so sorry for your loss. I have never met Donald, but I have read about him so many times over the past seven years, and he sounded like a great man, husband, friend, and riding partner. May you find comfort in thinking that in heaven he'll always have a tailwind.

Mimi, you've been so courageous through all this. I hope you can get some solace from the fact that you were there for Donald. You did good. {hug}

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Donald's last amazing day

Since you guys are all posting here, I will try to describe what came down today.
    He had been having a lot of trouble breathing this past month which continued to get worse. Last night, he couldn't lay down because he couldn't breathe, he couldn't relax despite the super strong drugs he was given. By three in the morning, I knew we needed something more, so I called the Hospice nurse. She came and gave him a cocktail of drugs and begged him to relax... and he did. He went to sleep and never woke up again, he died about 10 hours later, having a very peaceful rest of the night and into the next day.
    His oldest brother was visiting with his daughter! His other brother drove into town today because he had some things to drop off at our house. One of his nieces was in town for a family visit and another niece brought her over. His nephew from Hawaii, and wife were there too. No one (except maybe me and my sons who have been watching him closely) knew that he was dying ... They were all there when he died. My son had put some music on, one of my husband's favorite CDs (JP Fraley) and he died during that CD with such a huge part of his family right there in the room. I was sitting there noticing how he was slowing down through one of our favorite sons ("our song") It was truly amazing.

I got an email from the Swedish foundation, 103 people have donated 6200 dollars ... and then his last wish, that his body be used for science? THey came and took him.. He is now at the UW Medical Training hospital. (he got to go to med school!!!)

I still can't believe it. I miss him terribly but I am glad he exited that broken old body. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Biciclista; 07-18-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

(((((Mimi))))).
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Wow Mimi. What an amazing experience. Thank you for sharing that.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl