Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Cycling shoe lust

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just bought a pair of cycling shoes a few months ago. But I'm already lusting after a different pr. of cycling shoes.

There's something about a little red accent in a shoe that draws me in like magnet:

http://thebikeshop.com/product/speci...es-58696-1.htm

For past few months, I've been looking more at new cycling shoe lines instead of fashion dress shoes.

How many cycling shoe prs. do you have? I have 4 pairs. 2 pairs in 1 city. and another 2 pairs in 2nd city. Each pair is at different stages of wear.
    I just discarded an old pr. 2 weeks ago (which means I did have 5 prs. of shoes) after my shins hurt from walking around in worn down heels. They were 3 yrs. old and already witnessed sun and rain alot.

The pair I wear now daily for work commuting, will last only another 6-8 months. Gettin' old.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 07-13-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I have different shoes for different purposes, but don't often shop for new. I guess I have 5. I have 3 pair of road shoes (Bontrager I use daily, Shimano I use with my Lemond (different pedal system) on the trainer and an older pair of Carnacs I'm keeping only for backup and riding in the rain). Then I have a pair of mountain biking shoes and a pair of Keen Presidio Pedal shoes. I use the latter on the hybrid for errands and riding with my family. I use Shimano A530 pedals with the Keens and they are good to use both clicked in and on the platform side of the pedal. I really love those shoes. I haven't been out on my mountain bike or worn those shoes since I started riding again. I'll hang on to them just in case I ever decide to venture into the dirt again. For me, I don't like breaking in shoes, so I don't like to buy often. But I like looking at them.
    The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I usually have 2 prs. because....1 pr. usually is alot more worn down than the other. It's worn for days I know are rainy/wet.

2nd pr. tends to be less worn out.

After having the experience of finding the right cycling shoes which stretched into 1-2 yrs. of the search, I've learned my lesson well.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Talk about lusting, it's a good thing you didn't ask about how many jerseys.

I have a very old pair of Diadora's that I picked up for $20 (when I first started cycling 8 years ago) and a pair of Shimano's I picked up 5 years ago on sale. I'm not really into shoes I guess. They are both well used (lots of outdoor cycling and indoor spin classes), but haven't noticed any problems. I probably should look for a new pair - I've considered the Keen sandles, but live in WA and not sure they would get good use.
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

Ummm I had 4 now down to three.

One pair of Nike MTB shoes with nylon soles.
    One pair of Lake touring shoes with nylon soles (now gone to shoe heaven)
    One pair of MTB carbon soled Nikes well worn (my spare pair) which I use for road riding
    One pair of carbon Sidi MTBs which I wear road riding and are my everyday pair at the moment.

Got to have a spare pair in case my main pair get wet and don't dry overnight or need repairing. My Nike MTB with nylon soles are for if I go touring on a MTB and want to walk around. The Lakes always leaked red dye onto my socks so so they had to go!

I'm starting to try a minimalist approach. I have a few other pairs of shoes, but honestly I never loved any as much as my original SIDI Dominator 5 purchase. So much so that they finally wore out the fabric and padding in the back and the velcro was almost useless... so I purchased the exact same shoe, just in the modern color.

2007, meet 2012. (And thanks, TE, for the 20% sale!)

-- gnat! (and I'm keeping the old ones for muddy cx races, for sure)
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73