Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

You guys are all awesome, thanks. As soon as they tell us, I'll let you know how the fund is doing!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

((((Mimi and Don))))

I had been hoping that your absence meant that everything was okay--no news is good news and all that. But I had wondered...

My thoughts are with you both. I'll see what I can get out of the next paycheck.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Mimi, you and RaleighDon have been in my thoughts, and will continue to be. I don't have the words to describe how much I admire Donald's strength and generosity.

Poo

POOOO...

My thoughts are with both of you (((Mimi & RD))))

Keep fighting RD & the crazy canadian chick that visited the funky seattle TE crew a few years ago, will be back to visit you next year

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    We have been wondering about you and Don for past few months.

If there is more money gathered later on, another different type of bike for each stage at the oncology dept..... recumbent, duet.

I wrote about it with photos in Momentum magazine. 2 health care facilities use this type of bike in Vancouver and Victoria, BC. So your hospital could get into touch with these facilities on such programs and how they manage it.

http://momentummag.com/articles/duet-bike-program
    http://thirdwavecyclingblog.wordpres...n-a-duet-bike/

It's a type of bike all of us might wish both as a rider and then later as a passenger.

My thoughts and hugs for both of you, Mimi. Please thank Don for his pie he baked when Jack and I were graciously invited for dinner in Seattle after our ride from Vancouver
    Last edited by shootingstar; 07-12-2012 at 03:26 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Mimi, you are one of my favorite people on TE. I will keep you and Don in my thoughts. There are no words, but please know that lots of people are with you in spirit.

The lady from the hospital wrote to me last night; we raised $2155 in just one day. That's actually close to the total needed. I don't know what exactly the total is though, I have been badgering her to get that information.
    You guys are all incredibly awesome. All the nice things you are saying, and then making donations too. I am blown away. When I get to the other side of this, I hope to get back on my bike.
    Shooting star, that companion bike looks like it would be really tough on hills!!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Big Hugs Mimi! I know I just posted on your FB wall but wanted to drop a message here also. Not much to say except you are in our thoughts here and we (I am speaking collectively for TE) are here if you ever need to talk. I recently went through this with both of my grandmothers(both within the last year) and all I know is spend every moment you can with him and enjoy his love for you.

Emily, that's the plan. he's coming home today so I am quite relieved.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Big hug to you both, Mimi. Live in the moments you have together now. I know you will.

Will get a donation in this week. What a great idea.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

{{{{{{to you both}}}}}}

Can I quote everyone?

Thoughts are with you and you are missed here.

Sending vibes of strength, courage, patience and hope. Figure you all have love in abundance.
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

[QUOTE=Biciclista;646629]The lady from the hospital wrote to me last night; we raised $2155 in just one day. QUOTE]

Wow, that's awesome, Mimi! Yay!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Oh man, thank God they're springing him today. Smooch him for me.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Mimi, I'm so sorry. I hope the success of the fundraising lifts Don's spirit. You are both in my prayers.

dt