Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Baggy bike shorts or skorts

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been looking for baggy bike shorts with a bike liner inside them and skorts. Trouble is I am petite and these are not made in petites. The problem is that there is too much material between the crotch and the waist so nothing fits right. Any ideas?

Even with the regular bike shorts the chamois catches on the seat sometimes and I think it is probably because there is too much length between the crotch and waist on those too. I have to make sure to pull them way up before I mount the bike. I don't want to mess with seat height or angle. It's great for long rides and it is the stock seat

I'm petite and I haven't had any issues finding either. Size extra small fits me perfectly.
    I particularly like the Terry coaster skort, even though the grippers of the shorts stick out a little. I have a couple of different liners that I wear with the skort that don't do this. Zoic makes some nice baggies and their liners fit me well. I don't wear the baggies as often for cycling since I stopped mountain biking, but what I really like about these is that I wear them as regular shorts, without the liner for hiking.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Don't know about skorts but with shorts I have the similar problem with bunching, have to pull them way up and then have bunching at the waist.

Shorts with a mid rise actually come up pretty close to my waist so I don't get that annoying bunching and bagging.

Maybe I don't have this issue because I wear lower rise shorts? Where is the bunching? The only issue i have with skorts or baggies that have a separate liner is that the shorts often times have a higher waist than the outer part (skort or baggies), which is why I look for liners or shorts that are low waisted.
    It's been so long since I wore anything that actually sits on my waist, that I find it extremely uncomfortable.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

It's too bad SheBeest is gone for the moment. I have a skort from them that is so low cut (and short) that it's almost scandalous on me. It's probably cut much better for someone more on the petite side.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by kajero View Post
    I've been looking for baggy bike shorts with a bike liner inside them
    I've had no real success in my search for a pair of baggy bike shorts either. I'm not petite though I do have a short rise. My problem seems to be that either the thighs are too tight and the waist is way too big or vice-versa. Now if only I could order the legs of one attached to the upper portion of another style.

I did find one pair that was wearable but the waistline required lacing a string closure.

I figure that I've just gotten spoiled by the ease of finding typical bike shorts that fit due to the forgiving nature of spandex.
    2003 Trek 7500FX/standard saddle
    2006 Trek Pilot 2.1/Serfas cutout saddle

Has anyone ever tried Pearl Izumi Rev shorts or Canyon shorts? They look pretty nice with a liner inside, and can be worn around town as well. Wondering about people's opinions on them, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by gocard View Post
    Has anyone ever tried Pearl Izumi Rev shorts or Canyon shorts? They look pretty nice with a liner inside, and can be worn around town as well. Wondering about people's opinions on them, if any.
    I have the Canyon shorts and won't use them on the bike. Period. I find they ride up my leg far too much/too far...but they are fine for the gym and other non-bike activities. Very expensive gym shorts... I also disliked, strongly, the chamois and gave the liner to someone here on TE.

I really like the Terry Metro shorts for riding, especially mountain biking. Too warm for summer road riding but I will wear them later in the fall when it is cooler. They are long enough that they don't ride up, have good pockets, and I love the liner. TE doesn't seem to carry Terry shorts so I couldn't link you to the TE store site. I will use the liner this winter under my tights for cold weather riding when I choose not to wear my bib shorts.