Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

commute=opportunities

To disable ads, please log-in.

My husband's job was about to switch his schedule from SUN-FRI 5:30AM-2PM to SUN/MON/THRS/FRI 9am-9pm. So we have been praying and seeking a new job for him to have a normal schedule--where we wouldn't ONLY see each other for 10 hours a week...we are newlyweds and that just would have been terrible.

So get this—on my commute on the 25th—I say “good morning!” to a guy that I pass everyday at the same spot. He rides about 10 miles a day just to keep his cholesterol down. We chatted for the first time this morning.

5miles story short, he owns a company out of the town we live. Started the company 35 years ago. Looking for someone who he can mold. Someone who is good with their hands. He asked to talk to Danny and show him around. Hours would be 7-4 Monday through Friday.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

Okay, so that was on June 25th (a Wednesday) that I talked to the guy…well, the next day, Thursday, Danny goes in to meet him and the guy shows Danny around the shop.

Fast forward to the 27th, that Friday and Danny gets a phone call. Offering him a 50% pay increase and 7-4 hours. No weekends.

Danny starts on July 23rd.

I GET TO HAVE MY HUSBAND FOR NORMAL HOURS.

I LOVE COMMUTING.
    Last edited by mandiam; 07-06-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Wow; what a cool story. Congrats to both of you! My husband sometimes works weird hours himself so I understand your joy.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

How wonderful! I hope he likes his new job.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    What a fantastic story!! Being friendly and bike commuting sure did pay off for you two! Lovely story. Congrats to both of you!
    I hope he loves his new employment home!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

thank you girls...we couldn't be more excited. I'll post an update after he starts on the 23rd....i'll say it again...cycling is the new golf ;-)

Very cool story! Congrats to you and your husband.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66