Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh this is apparently the El Mariachi 3 for 2013...I think I need this bike. We're thinking the 20% Cdale discount that we get as JDRF riders only applies towards road bikes (which makes sense, really), so that evens out the playing field between the 29er bikes I am considering (Salsa El Mar and Cdale Tango SL).

I do like that the El Mariachi has a proven record and is such a popular model. And I've never had a steel bike, before, so I'd be interested to try that vs. the alum. Cdale. With the El Mariachi I'd have a steel mtn. bike, alum CX bike, and carbon road bike--all I'd need is a titanium Mukluk, heh!

I hope I'll be able to test both the Cannondale and the El Mariachi. I will have to drop some not-so-subtle hints to our LBS buddy to get 1 of each for me to try.

I would have to name the Salsa "Gossamer," right...?
    Last edited by zoom-zoom; 07-24-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Oh this is apparently the El Mariachi 3 for 2013...I think I need this bike. We're thinking the 20% Cdale discount that we get as JDRF riders only applies towards road bikes (which makes sense, really), so that evens out the playing field between the 29er bikes I am considering (Salsa El Mar and Cdale Tango SL).

I do like that the El Mariachi has a proven record and is such a popular model. And I've never had a steel bike, before, so I'd be interested to try that vs. the alum. Cdale. With the El Mariachi I'd have a steel mtn. bike, alum CX bike, and carbon road bike--all I'd need is a titanium Mukluk, heh!
    DH had a steel mountain bike and loved it. I think if I were to ever get a SS, it would be a steel frame.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Oh, this is the best photo I've seen of the 2013 El Mariachi 3, yet:

The more I look at it, the more I love it...and the less enamored I am with the Cannondale Tango SL 29er. It really looks too much like a cheap Y-framed Wal-Mart kids' bike, unfortunately. Even my DH seems to be encouraging the Salsa over the Cdale, even though it would likely cost us a couple hundred more. And I've been riding a friend's too-small-for-me Salsa Ala Carte and can't get over how smooth the steel feels, even riding on the paved rail trail to get to some singletrack 4ish miles from our house. I always assumed that riding knobby tires on asphalt was buzzy regardless of the bike. Now I feel that the buzzy has a lot to do with the aluminum frames I've ridden.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I've been too lazy to take the knobbies off my Fargo, which is my commuter bike...and they don't bother me a bit. Love love love that bike - it's like the bike equivalent of an Escalade for a commute, but so comfy.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens