Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planks :)

To disable ads, please log-in.

I gave up trying to find a video, there are so many different kinds of pushups and the only thing that really makes this different is the starting position.

Perhaps a different explanation will help.

Body flat on the ground, face to the floor. forearms on the floor, hands/fingers angled in to point to the temples. Maintain a plank position when using the arms to raise the body into the pushup position maintaining the same hand position/angle as when you started. So your entire body rises at the same time.

Crankin, I found a video of the "Gator Pushups" which look like what you described and it looks positively brutal, I can see why you didn't like it. But you did it
    Last edited by Catrin; 07-06-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Correction

Forearms on the floor, one upper arms (above the elbow) on the floor? /confused.
    You could always video your trainer....
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Forearms on the floor, one upper arms (above the elbow) on the floor? /confused.
    You could always video your trainer....

LOL, sorry, forearms on the floor - so the arms are in a diamond shape with forearms on the ground with the fingertips touching the temples. The upper arms are the only body part not totally on the floor.

I am so sorry, I hadn't realized that I had typed that - no wonder it was confusing. Sheesh.
    Last edited by Catrin; 07-06-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Games with Planks

New variation on planks - this was a group exercise. Team approach by everyone being in the plank position in a circle on the ground, every other person on their hands rather than forearms and more of a pike plank. First person gets up, jumps over a person, then scoots under the next person, jumps over a person, and so forth, once they have completed then the next person does the same thing and so on. If anyone drops the plank before everyone is finished then the entire team of 6 gets to do 5 burpees.

We had two teams of 6 - it was a fun game!

I'd be careful with games like that. All it takes is one person tripping or stumbling and who knows what kind of injury will occur, that the gym will not be responsible for. I only say this because we used to do some games similar, and one guy ended up with a separated shoulder.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    I'd be careful with games like that. All it takes is one person tripping or stumbling and who knows what kind of injury will occur, that the gym will not be responsible for. I only say this because we used to do some games similar, and one guy ended up with a separated shoulder.
    It's the first time we've done a game quite like that, though we do other games often. Good thing to keep in mind...