Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Traveling to Hilton Head

To disable ads, please log-in.

DH and I are headed to HHI for a week's vacation and are bringing the bikes. DH is training for IM Florida and hoped to get a couple long rides in but the distance is so limited on the Island. We would like to get a ride in elsewhere but have no idea where to go. Could any of you ladies that live in the vicinity please give me some good routes on the other side of the bridge? or a good group ride suggestion? We would appreciate it so much.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Thanks so much. We are looking for 25-50 mile rides and then DH has a 4.5 hour ride to get in while we are there. God only knows how many miles that will be...probably close to a century. I've been training for the Chicago marathon so I haven't been on the bike a lot the last month. I don't think I'll do that one with him but who knows

We will check in at the bike shop when we get there.

You're a gem. Thanks again.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Yeah, do the bike shop ride. You can dig up the thread that I wrote about riding in HH.
    I almost ended up in jail.
    HH is for golfers and maybe tennis players.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Ah yes - this thread. I remember reading it when we had a wedding to attend in Hilton Head. We chose not to bring our bikes because of the issues, and have removed it from our vacation spot list. It certainly didn't seem bike friendly.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...