Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

To disable ads, please log-in.

I so agree with the TTs being boring to watch (maybe the last 5 riders can be watched, but over 50km or more... that's boring, too). The TTTs are fun.

A resounding yes to NBCs coverage being terrible. The last stage, in particular, I made the mistake of tuning to the noon coverage in the regular NBC channel. It was complete nonsense, a 2 hour "teaser" for people that do not follow the tour. And they did not show the sprint or podium! What...?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I was really disappointed with NBC Sports network's coverage...They also did not have the name of the castle or town, which Versus always had....

Agree with all the comments about the coverage (even the ones I didn't quote). I also HATED the spinning maps which were disorienting and left me with hardly any idea where the race was taking place.

Just because a graphic exists does not mean it should be used!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

A funny post about social networking for cyclists from TDF's facebook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	561413_10151042687050480_808746089_n.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	14834  

I was among those who used the NBC sports TDF app - it was great.

$15 =
    no commercials - seriously none what so ever, and the commentating continues even during what would be breaks.

live and recorded streaming coverage

start to finish coverage (seriously... they started and ended with some Aussie guy, Matt, but he knew his stuff pretty well, and would switch to Phil and Paul about an hour in or so, but generally started with the rollout!)

Only the French feed graphics - not sure what you meant by the spinning maps- do you mean the fly in at the very beginning? That's part of the French feed, as are the km's to go, and rider positions so NBC doesn't have control over that, but if they added stuff, it didn't show up on the web stream.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

From twitter this morning:

@RoadID 2 flats on my AM ride. Sitting on the side of the road right now. #TubesMan

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I was among those who used the NBC sports TDF app - it was great.

$15 =
    no commercials - seriously none what so ever, and the commentating continues even during what would be breaks.

live and recorded streaming coverage

start to finish coverage (seriously... they started and ended with some Aussie guy, Matt, but he knew his stuff pretty well, and would switch to Phil and Paul about an hour in or so, but generally started with the rollout!)

Only the French feed graphics - not sure what you meant by the spinning maps- do you mean the fly in at the very beginning? That's part of the French feed, as are the km's to go, and rider positions so NBC doesn't have control over that, but if they added stuff, it didn't show up on the web stream.
    Good to know. I was very happy with the app last year. I was on a bike tour for much of the TDF so I didn't watch it until the very last two stages. My phone did not work where I was touring, so there's not much an app would do. But I was riding my bike, so that was better anyways.

Next year, assuming I'm not watching it from some cafe in rural France, I'll get the app again. Thanks for the review.

We also used the TDF app from NBC sports and then watched it through our Apple TV device on our TV. It was fine; seemed like business as usual. I did actually miss some of the ads, but the 2 days it was on the regular NBC station, I did get to see some of the ads.
    I would not have wanted to watch it on an IPad or computer... too small to really appreciate all of the scenery.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport