Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelygamer View Post
    Just watched the race live. What a GREAT finish!! I won't mention the winner in case you haven't seen it but his country is so proud, as they should be.
    Root, root, root for the home team!
    And a kid besides!
    I love it!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

His team director was SO excited! I hate to think what would have happened if he lost. That was a great stage!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    His team director was SO excited! I hate to think what would have happened if he lost. That was a great stage!
    Wasn't that great? When I saw them freaking out in the car, it made me giddy for the whole team. I heard that is one of the smallest and poorest teams in his country.
    2013: Riding a Dolce sport compact for fun and a vintage Jetter with cargo rack for commuting

www.bike-sby.org: A network of concerned cyclists working to make our city more bicycle friendly.

The text of his wikipedia page has been updated, although the picture is still from 2010 where he appears to have been presented with a cheese!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Jens' blog

I forgot all about Jens' blog! I'm not a worthy fan.

http://bicycling.com/blogs/hardlyserious/

Enjoy!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Unbeknownst to us, our Tivo and cable decided to disconnect themselves in the quiet of the night Friday, so we missed Saturday's stage. Luckily, I had them communicating again in time to record yesterday's stage - what an exciting finish! I was so happy for that FDJ squad.

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Rest day. They deserve it. I bet they're not doing much more than riding their bikes. Ahhh, rest.

The tour has been great, but I really miss Andy, and I miss loving to hate Alberto.

Slacker on wheels.

Let's hope the rest day is kind to Brice Feillu, the lanterne rouge... the poor guy has being going through some serious suffering!

The tour has been great, but I really miss Andy, and I miss loving to hate Alberto.
    I agree. I just don't really care who wins this year, I just want an interesting and close race. It has been fun even though I don't have a clear favorite nor anyone I dislike as much as Alberto.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    I agree. I just don't really care who wins this year, I just want an interesting and close race. It has been fun even though I don't have a clear favorite nor anyone I dislike as much as Alberto.
    +2 on all counts
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

I'm super sad about Ryder, I was so rooting for him! I hope Tyler can still pull something off in the later sprint stages. Actually, I'm sad for the whole Garmin team for that matter. My husband and I went to the TdF in 2009, and met a lot of the guys on Garmin (Tyler, Dave Z, Danny Pate, Christian VandeVelde). They even passed a poster around for me and all signed it. Christian put his arm around me and took a picture with me too..they just came off as really nice guys. I was giddy for the rest of the day, as my husband just rolled his eyes

Rest day. They deserve it. I bet they're not doing much more than riding their bikes. Ahhh, rest.
    Jens is going geocaching and getting a haircut.

BTW Wiggins is not my favorite rider, but I think his comments on doping at the press conference were hilarious.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...e-clean_228247

Oddly enough most accounts of it leave off his final word, which started with "c."

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpLegs View Post
    I'm super sad about Ryder, I was so rooting for him! I hope Tyler can still pull something off in the later sprint stages. Actually, I'm sad for the whole Garmin team for that matter. My husband and I went to the TdF in 2009, and met a lot of the guys on Garmin (Tyler, Dave Z, Danny Pate, Christian VandeVelde). They even passed a poster around for me and all signed it. Christian put his arm around me and took a picture with me too..they just came off as really nice guys. I was giddy for the rest of the day, as my husband just rolled his eyes
    I'd be giddy the rest of my life!

It is sad for the team, though. Lots of great riders out already. That crash that took out all those guys, so stupid. Jens wrote it was someone taking off their shoe covers at speed.

Slacker on wheels.

NY Rider,

I could blame Bradley for the choice of a few of his words, but totally agree with his sentiment. (Not sure I really blame him for the language for that matter.) From what I read from TeamSky, the French press had him in a press conference for about half an hour where they kept showing him videos of previous British cyclists who had lost or crashed after a good start and kept expecting him to comment on that. Then, after that silliness, he gets the drug question, after receiving lots of tweets to similar effect, and comments on articles etc. I think I'd be a bit upset too.

Jens wrote it was someone taking off their shoe covers at speed.
    I heard an interview of Jonathan Vaughters where he said they had heard from Lampre (Garmin and Lampre were staying at the same hotel) that apparently Petacchi handed his shoe covers to Daniele Vigano (the Lampre guy seen laying in the ditch, broken collarbone). Vigano had one hand off the handlebar trying to stuff the shoe covers in his jersey pockets. It was a downhill, mostly tailwind, everyone packed like sardines... all needed was a wobble.

ETA: here is the video clip of the interview -- at 1:24 he discusses the stage 6 crash.
    Last edited by pll; 07-10-2012 at 10:53 AM.