Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by ridebikeme View Post
    According to my sales rep, the Tango is going to have the lowest standover height of any womens 29er for 2013. Of course, that could always change... I'll try and get some more info for you
    Oh, excellent! I'm really eager to try one! I'll really be interested to see geometry charts to see how it would compare to the Salsa 29ers, which would likely be the only other brand our LBS carries that would work for me at all.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

For what it's worth, my 2009 Salsa El Mariachi in size small has a standover of ~30". It's a tall bike! But it looks like they've decreased that in in the current model, as well as offering an extra-small.
    Last edited by Becky; 07-04-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    For what it's worth, my 2009 Salsa El Mariachi in size small has a standover of ~30". It's a tall bike! But it looks like they've decreased that in in the current model, as well as offering an extra-small.
    Yeah, it looks like the current El Mariachi (which is what I would be considering, in package level "3") is being billed as 28", which would likely be adequate for me.

I'm going to have to pick our LBS friend's brain on the two bikes, now that he's had a chance to check out the Tango. He's never steered me wrong, before.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Still haven't pulled the trigger on anything and it will probably be closer to Fall before that would happen. But I wanted to point out one of the things that irritates me about Cannondale. They have long had a trend of making their top-of-the-line bikes in black or white. If one wants a bike with higher-end components they have to settle for a BORING color. That black Tango has Shimano XT. This is apparently what the entry-level version of the bike looks like:

It's called Tangerine Dream, according to our LBS buddy.

NOT FAIR! We'd most likely be looking at the black one. *yawn* I hope they might offer more than one color in each model, but I won't hold my breath. They don't do that with the current Women's 26" models (though they do with the men's...sexist! )
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

You can always ask about frame-only availability

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    You can always ask about frame-only availability
    I've thought about that. I'm not sure how much Cannondale does that. It's tempting, though it would likely end up costing extra. My Redline came with low-end Shimano and we had our LBS swap out with SRAM Apex, since I have Rival on my road bike. They didn't charge me for their time to do that...hmmm...
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Jazz it up with some new grips and bottle cages? Then splurge on some custom wheels, my Industry Nines are blingy!

I have had people in races seriously comment on my wheels. You can see my bits of purple in this photo, with black and white you have a lot of freedom to put your stamp on it!

Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Whoa, mama...that's hot! Yeah, wheels are one thing I would likely upgrade, at some point. It appears that Cdale puts the same sorta low-rent wheels on all models of this bike, at least that's what I gather from photos. I think it's the same wheel they put on all Trail SL (the men's 29er equivalent) models, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I just received the 2013 catalog today, so was interested in seeing hte color choices that one would have for the Tango. Ahhhh

Perhaps your LBS would give you credit for the stock wheels towards something else???

Aggie... that is a beautiful bike... GREAT colors!!!