Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm new to riding, but have been using menstrual cups for years! I prefer the Lunette, which now comes in several pretty colors. Once I started using a menstrual cup, I never went back! It is so much easier and worry-free. Plus, it saves money. I haven't bought any tampons in over 4 years!

I guess I'm just a wuss. Tried the cup last month and felt sick to my stomach on my heaviest day when I emptied it. It worked very well in my opinion. Just have to get the nack for when to empty it. Had no leaking with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    FWIW, I'm more prone to chafing I guess due to tissue congestion.
    I'm thinking I need to start tracking the days that bother me most with my little phone periods app. I can do centuries without discomfort, then sometimes on 20 milers I will draw blood and be uncomfortable the entire time. I'm really starting to believe that there's something hormonal going on with my external bits. The sucky thing is that my cycles are only 23 days, on average, so it's harder to determine if my issues are cycle-related.

Count me as one of the people who had no luck with menstrual cups. I first tried a Diva cup in L, which was what it recommended for my age. It was too big and I could feel it all the time--uncomfortably so--and it always felt like it was going to fall out. Then I tried a Mooncup USA...that leaked. The disposable Instead cups have worked best, but they still tend to leak, too. So I gave up spending so much $$ experimenting.

I have a tipped uterus and my cervix is at a weird angle, so I suspect strongly that this is why I can't find a cup to work for me.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2