Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question New to riding questions!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello All!
    My name is Marita and I just started spinning classes today. I havent had much exercise in quite some time, but i did buy a cheap (but decent) bike online and am looking to use it to go back and forth to work. My main question is, does anyone have any suggestions as to a good seat cover to put on a stationary bike for spinning classes? Like i sid, i just started the classes today and am very surprised at how much pain my behind is in. I really enjoyed the spinning class and would like to go back, buti need a cushion for my tushy if i am going to be able to continue. I see many different ones online (gel, memory foam, extra wide etc) but i'm not sure how to choose.

Also, I'm finding that even though you never forget how to ride a bike, it's never as easy as it was when you were a kid! Ha! The spinning class is very fun and I enjoy it, but my legs get tired very fast. ASide from continuity (which i fully intend to do) any suggestions on how to build up leg strength and stamina to be able to withstand a full hour long class with full participation?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

spin class saddles are notoriously horrible. Wear padded cycling shorts with no underwear and that should help a lot. There is a butt break-in factor. The saddles can be adjusted. Sometimes they tip way up or back; they should be more or less level.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I second adjusting the saddle. If the saddle isn't adjusted well no amount of padding will help. Did the instructor offer to show you how to adjust things? I recall my first spin class and I literally was in pain. It was prior to my leaning about the importance of saddle adjustment though so I didn't know any better. Good luck.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work" - Thomas Edison