Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Auburn cyclists: Anti-cyclist resident(s) on Ridge Road

To disable ads, please log-in.

Some clueless, entitled motorist left a bad comment and a thumbs-down on my Ridge Road ride video from last spring, which inspired me to ride this climb out-and-back from end to end again on yesterday's ride.

At the bottom of the climb near Gold Hill Road, I found this crap spray painted on the road. Notice how they covered a paper stick-on route arrow with the paint. These route arrows are usually used on organized rides.

Here's the comments left by the dumbarse on my video. S/he claimed that they live on Ridge Road. Notice there was no further response after I suggested that s/he read the California Vehicle Code and/or actually try road cycling themselves.

I wonder if the YouTube idiot is the same person who defaced the pavement?

Wow! The idiot who painted that on the road is truly clueless. I've ridden around Grass Valley and thankfully never encountered the idiots of the road. As for the person making comments on your YouTube video - I have to say the comment was certainly one of the more respectful disagreements I've read. The comments in SFGate are downright ignorant while the person on YouTube simply stated how they thought it was unsafe. It is a far cry from the people who comment about how cyclists deserve to die because we are on the road. I liked how they didn't say anything personal but kept it to the idea that the road was unsafe. The part about staying on bike paths was stupid but at least not mean. If all anti-cyclists kept that tone the discourse might not be so vitriol.
    Savra

2006 Specialized Dolce Elite/Specialized Stock Saddle
    2011 Surly LHT/Brooks S Flyer

I agree. The person did know how to write and spell, so they didn't sound as brain dead as most YouTube trolls, but they are still very ignorant about cycling laws and safety. People who think we should be restricted to MUPs scare me, as they are the types who would love to see cycling prohibited on public roads.

Opheliarises really needs to learn proper use of commas and punctuation. All of, her incorrect and superfluous, use of commas was, driving me CRAZY.
    2013 Volagi Viaje
    2002 LeMond Tete de Course rebuild/"The Chimaera"
    2012 Scott Contessa Foil with Dura-Ace
    2011? budget "Takara Kabuto" Single Speed/Fixie "The Bumblebee"
    1999 Santana Team Ti 700 tandem/"Silver Streak"

I've noticed that trolls tend to have poor grammar. Sometimes their spelling is horrible too. Here's a fine example from MTBR, a mountain biking site. They have an anonymous reputation system, which allows people to send you random insults without being held accountable for it.

Since I use the name "freighttrainuphill" on MTBR, this genius decided s/he was going to attempt to be funny.